Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: POLISH HUNTER CLONE.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up Agreed...

Hey Biggun,
    I have to agree with you about the political bs. I am guilty for making one such post a couple of days ago.However I think that most of the talk is going on because of close proximity of the November Presidential elections. At any rate I think you should go with the 6mm Bench rest for the cal of the new rifle. I have a 6.5 Grendel and I love it. But like most calibers that are made to fit the .223 AR platform they do have their limitations. Lets face it they are like many tools, designed to perform a specific task.
    I notice that you were talking about the Polish RSB on the Archer, I have successfully copied them for a couple of builds, Let me know if you are in need of one. I could probably get one fabbed up for your build.
    will6970

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

its easy to fall into the sky is falling trap. every emial I get is some internet BS that is slanted way right. People need to vote'

Im looking real hard at the b 6mm ench rest round. or even a 6.5 br It would seem ideal for the mag well an it would have more horsepower than the 6mm ppc. 6mm arturbo an the the 6.5 grendel 6.8 spc . It would allow 105 GR high balissitc number rounds clear on down to 55g rain varmint loads at almost 4000 fps. the high BC bullets would possably not fit in the mag well. the round is one of the most accurate ever made in a target barrel in bench rest. Im not sure about the mags but im sure it could be done maybe with a AR mag. id like to get one of those magwell addapters or I may tool up an make a few. the bolt face is the same as the 308 win.

I havent decided on how to do the RSB I have been looking at the Galil set up but want to be able to mount a scope on the RSB. was thinking a tube that went through a hole in a rsb an was held in by the dust cover an the rsb could be drilled an tapped for a heavy duty canter leaver rail. I kind of want to get away from a welded on factroy RSB even though I can make it look good. im still thinking on it . I have some stainless tubing that would be perfect for a gas tube.

I have a bunch of barrel blanks an stuff to chosse from so Im stilll undecided.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well I got a box of parts to play with today.

The M72 gas block has a bore of. .810 so it allows for a pretty heavy barrel. its not as haavy as a varmint profile of savage bolt action but its still a lot better than a standard barrel.

My varmint rig has a factory take off barrel from a savage an the barrel is .930 at my home made gas block, I took as little of the barrel as possable ti give me a non taperd place to put the GB when I built the gun.

SO I NEED A BARREL WITH ABOUT .820 WERE THE GB GOES SO IT CAN BE TUREND STRAIGHT TO ACCEPT THE GB . OR A SLEAVE CAN BE MADE TO USE A STANDARD SPORTER PROFILE TAKE OF BARREL.

I have a few barrels on hand . the 300 ultramag barrels are to small. I have a very expensive fluted kreiger barrel in 300 mag that is just about right If I use a amd length or custom piston. Im not sure if I want a 30 cal for this project but the barrel is calling me. i just know if I want to use a $400 barrel on a home made AK 47 LOL .

here are some mock up pictures. I also have a stainless 6.8 spc barrel in varmint weight laying here bit Im not sure Is the righgt calibure for my tasts.

im still thinking. a Saiga shot gun fore end can be used pretty easy with these barrels if a guy wanted to do a on the cheap build.

Im going to want a laminated fore end with no top cover that looks something like a Saiga rifle . unfortunalty the wood Saiga stock sets are not lamnated an im going to want the stock an hand guards to match. I might have to buy a blank or cut some thing out of a differant lamminated stock an whittle my own . with Saiga wood stock sets going for over $120 when you can find them an the only place that used to have them no longer having them you would think a stock maker would make a few Sagia clones or even some really cool thumb hole stuff. I see rugger 10-22 stocks for $99 that are out of this world seems some one would make some cool wood for the Sagia. IMO a lamnated wood colored wood thumb hole would sell for the sagia na the AK as well. HMMMMMM maybe ill explore that at some point. any way Im going to need a front lower hand guard at some point sort of like a Sagia but lamintated. im looking a other options with a end cap like a high dollar bolt action that covers the GB as well.

he re are some pics of parts laying ont he floor waiting for me to pick one.
    A 300 SAVAGE ON THE FLUTES AN PORTED KREIGER BARREL WOULD BE SWEET. HMMMMMMM

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM GETTIN ALWFUL DAMM TIRED OF THE PICTURES NOT WORKIN ON THIS SIGHT. SAME CAMERA SAME SIZE, SAME COMPUTER SAME BROWSER AN NO WAY TO LOAD THE F#$%g PICTUES AGAIN AFTER SPENDING A HALF HOUR TRYING IM DONE FOR NOW. THIS IS GHETTENG REALLY REALLY OLD! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LAST TRY

SCREW IT NO WONDER NO ONE POSTS HERE ANY MORE.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WOW A DAY AFTER i TRY TO POST A PIC THE PICTURE APPERS FROM NO WERE WOW

ANY WAY THATS WHAT THE DIFFERANCE IS BETWEEN STANDARD AKM AN M72.

HOPEFULLY HERE ARE FEW MORE PICTURES .

THE TOP BARREL IS A STOCK VIRGIN ROMMY

THE SECOND IS A .308 HOWA TAKE OF BLANK IN 1-12 TWIST ITS A HEAVY SPORTER PROFILE BUT ITS ALMOS PERFECT OR THE BIG GB . ITS LIKELY A LITTLE TO SMALL WHEN TURNED OR iD HAVE TO USE SHORTER THAN AMD 65 PISTION

THE THIRD BARREL IS A STAINLESS 22" FLUTED KREIGER BARREL IN 300 MAG THAT IS FLUTED AN HAS A BRAKE ATTACHED ON IT.

IM TEMPTED TO USE THE FLUTED BARREL iM NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE IT IS BUTHE BOR IS MINT. AT 22" ITS TO SHORT IN MY OPINION FOR A 300 MAG ANY WAY. IM TEMPTED TO USE IT RECHAMBERED IN 308WIN OR 300 SAVAGE OR MAYBE EVEN 30BR AN USE IT ON THIS BUILD. iD RATHER HAVE IT ON A 3 LUG BOLT AN TRUNION IN A SAGIA 308 WERE I CAN REALLY LOAD IT UP TO FULL POWER AN FEEL 100% SAFE..

MY SMOOTH DUST COVER IS OK. i WAS HOPEING FOR NO NUMBERS ON IT. WAS THINKING OF HAVING SOME ENGRAVING DONE

WHO DOES ENGRAVING THAT AFFORDABLE AN GOOD??? THINKING RUNNING DEER WOULD BE COOL OR JUST SOME CURLY QUES AN STUFF AROUND THE EDGES . ANY THING TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A HUNTING GUN .

IVE BEEN STUDYING TRIGGER GUARDS TODAY AS WELL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HERE IS HOW THE M72 GB COMPARES TO MY HOME MADE ON MY VARMINT RIFLE. ONLY ADVANTAGE THE HOME MADE HAS IS A SUPER CLOST PISTON TO BORE FIT FOR THE HOPE OF USING LESS PORT TO MAKE IT FUNCTION.

IF I HJAD ONE OF THESE BLOCKS EVEN THOUGH SMALLER IN OF BACK THEN IT WOULD HAVE MADE THING A LOT SIMPLER. I SPENT TWO DAYS MAKING THAT UGLY ASS HEAVY THING BUT IT DOIES WORK GOOD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.