Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: polish receivers anyone?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone do a build on the Henderson receiver yet? Thank you very much in advance for any information.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I bought a couple to cut corners for the nephews, for me they are like nodak's, if you go to the website they come bonded with templete like the old sten tubes, and have insructions for the handicapped.
    stuck doing some ar 80%'s right now

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMMMM so the bent recivers with rails installed are legal for sure now??? I recall every one being scared orf them.

hmmmmmmm so I take a $24 polish reciver shell maybe less if bought in bulk spend 5 minutes welding in a good set of rails that cost $1 to make slap on a 2 cent template I could likely sell these original polish reciver shells with rails for $60 each????? HMMMMMM who has ralis cheap???

I relize the hendersons are not on polish blanks.

I dont see why you just dont buy a finished reciver you can resell for less money an go that route. to me the transfer fees are worth the money to be able to sell it some day.

great now we got lots of reciver shell options just no cheap kits.

who has the most accurate template these days???? I havent needed one in years I just used a blank I had.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

big gun
    your post is all about you, the rest of us may not have your set up

yes the hendersons come with rail and are bent thats it. I checked the templete against templetes I have been using since the mid 90's and its accurate, one most align and drill the trunnions

I have plenty of cheap kits, most of us do!!
    I don't buy FFL receivers because I have no intension of selling now or in the future, these are again a short cut for assembling a few spare kits to give to my nephews, to assemble. they don't have your techical ability.
    I don't know where the Henderson receivers come from, they could be polish, cold steel, or they made there own like I used to do

sprat

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

What I think gets the Henderson's by the ATF as a non-receiver is that no holes are drilled and the mag well is not really present, only partially opened.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat1 View Post
    big gun
    your post is all about you, the rest of us may not have your set up

yes the hendersons come with rail and are bent thats it. I checked the templete against templetes I have been using since the mid 90's and its accurate, one most align and drill the trunnions

I have plenty of cheap kits, most of us do!!
    I don't buy FFL receivers because I have no intension of selling now or in the future, these are again a short cut for assembling a few spare kits to give to my nephews, to assemble. they don't have your techical ability.
    I don't know where the Henderson receivers come from, they could be polish, cold steel, or they made there own like I used to do

sprat
    Yeah, I think these as well as the Polish bent blanks are a great idea. The only problem to me is not having any kits currently to build. That's the only reason I haven't bought one, but I think I may as well buy a couple of them, just because. LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

As far as using a commercial receiver so that the rifle may some day be sold,

Any of my home-builds that get sold will get sold without receivers, as parts kits. I want NO liability, I do not carry commercial firearms liability insurance. Regardless of Federal law (the receiver is the rifle), a civil court is going to hold me, as the assembler, responsible for the construction of a firearm.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

As far as using a commercial receiver so that the rifle may some day be sold,

Any of my home-builds that get sold will get sold without receivers, as parts kits. I want NO liability, I do not carry commercial firearms liability insurance. Regardless of Federal law (the receiver is the rifle), a civil court is going to hold me, as the assembler, responsible for the construction of a firearm.
    I HEAR YOU AN AGREE BUT THEN YOU HAD BETTER NOT SELL ANY RIFLE YOU HAVE MADE ANY MODIFICSATIONS TO. THERE ARE THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS OF SPORTERISED MILITARY RIFLES OUT THERE AS WELL AS HOME BUILT AR,S THAT GET SOLD ALL THE TIME.

YOUR POINTS ARE VERY VALID . IMO YOU ARE NO A BUILDER YOU ARE SIMPLY ADDING STUFF TO A GUN ( RECIVER). LIKE ANY HTING IN THIS WORLD IF YOU SELL IT AN SOME ONE GETS HURT YOU MIGHT BE LIABLE. GUY SOLD A CAR AWHILE BACK BRAKES FAILED HE HAD DONE THE BRAKES HIM SELF AT ONE POINT AN HE GOT SUED.

AT LEAST YOU COULD SELL THE RECIVER BARE AN NOT HAVE TO DESTROY IT.
    i DO A LOT OF SCREW BUILDS i SUSPOSE i COULD JSUT UN SCREW IT SELL THE KIT IN ONE PILE AN THE RECIVER SEPERATLY.

YESS LOTS OF LIABILITY SELLING A GUN BUILT ON A 100% RECIVER, AT LEAST YOU CAN LEGALY TRANSFER IT OUT OF YOUR NAME.

ALSO KEEP IN MIND SOME DAY THESES GUNS MAY BE OUT LAWED AN HAVING A POSSABLY GRANDFATHERED IN RECVIVER MIGHT MAKE THE DIFFERANCE IN IF ITS SELLABLE OR NOT. THEY MAY SAY SOME DAY NO MORE HOME BUILDING AN THEN WHAT???? YOUR GUN IS WORTH LESS AN THE PARTS CAN T BEUSED TO BUILD.

ALL SPECUALATION ON MY PART. I DONT SELL MY GUNS AN MOST ARE ON BENT FLATS. BUT IF I HAVE TO SPEND $80 TO GET A RECIVR IT WILL BE TRANSFERABLE VS HOME BUILT. ALSO GOOD LUCK GETTING A HOME BUILD BACK IF ITS EVER STOLEN.

LOTS OF PROES AN CONS.
    Last edited by 1biggun; 07-23-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ALL SPECUALATION ON MY PART. I DONT SELL MY GUNS AN MOST ARE ON BENT FLATS. BUT IF I HAVE TO SPEND $80 TO GET A RECIVR IT WILL BE TRANSFERABLE VS HOME BUILT. ALSO GOOD LUCK GETTING A HOME BUILD BACK IF ITS EVER STOLEN.

all of my builds have serial numbers, they will go into the stolen gun resgistry like all stolen firearms and will be returned, I also own several corps, I have my corp initals on them.
    I don't know the resale value on used ak receivers, homebuilt or FFL purchased I would think the market would be small as would the demand. especially since there are not as many kits around for sale

sprat

Feedback Score

what I dont understand (must be a location thing) at least in arizona when you go to buy a gun from a person. 99.9% of the time its just a cash and carry deal. Most folks dont even know enough to ask for ID to make sure they are residents (I do) but if you want a AK, AR, garand, marlin model 60, you find one for sale, meet up and swap money for guns, ammo, car parts, or whatever. So someone thats got themselves a home built Ak in trade or purchase and decides to sell it, basically its up to the buyer to know (most dont) or care if there a builders name etched into the gun.
    Sometimes a AK will pop up on backpage and the seller will mention that its been built from a kit. There was one of those norinco mak90s a year or so back with the evil 3rd hole that had a rivet covering it, pictured up close. I did send the guy a email mentioning the fact that it was a major issue to be in possession of the gun, basically he blew me off thinking I wanted to use that as a way to haggle the price down. jim

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.