Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: polish receivers anyone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

it the same here in florida face to face transaction is the only way to go, I have bought through a dealer on occasion, especially for high grade collectable walthers and luger's, I will even sign a receipt if a seller asks but otherwise its cash and carry
    now my daughter and son-in-law live in Pa everything is suppose to go through a dealer or sheriff's dept but not always on rifles and shotguns. Handguns must transfer through a dealer & forget the evil states its a dealer transfer

so yes in florida, arizona and most gun friendly states its cash & carry, buyer beware

doesn't matter I will still not sell my homebuilts, its a matter of pride

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

In PA you only need to have pistols transfered (NICS check for the buyer), all other firearms can be done as a face to face if both parties live in the state, the seller can decide if he wants any firearm tranfered if they want to cover their ass.

I kind of agree on the selling of a home build thing, even if it's on a 100% receiver, I think I'd take it apart first even if I'm selling the receiver with it. This way it can't come back as a liability thing later.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

ak9
    Feedback Score

If a person bought a m 85 Kit from SG Where could they find a Flat or a bent non ffl to fit the kit. Or is there a way to put the bulge in after ..like get one of the SG receivers (of the op) and then bulge it to fit one of the m85 kits?
    Ak9

Feedback Score

would one of the bulged 80% rec. from cold steel solutions work? jim

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I had a romanian RPK rifle I built many years ago( when the dinosaurs ruled the earth)I was making my own receivers in those days ( rolled my own) I would use a vise to hold the lower front and compress, then use wood on each side and clamps and compress the tops around the bulge it worked, can't speak on these new fangled pre-made flats, polish copes or henderson receivers, buying Nodaks goes against the grain for me

coils I have a brochure from the Pa state police here, it says all transfers should go through dealer or sheriff, although I have seen Pa residents sell long guns to each other at the range my son-in-law belongs to north of Philly

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

ak9, check AK-Builder and see if he has a flat, he tries to make them as accurate as possible. Or send him an email asking about it, he might have a generic one that will work.

coils I have a brochure from the Pa state police here, it says all transfers should go through dealer or sheriff,
    The key word is "should". They've been saying that for as long as I can remember, but there's no law that a person can't do a face to face with a long gun.
    I understand them wanting all firearms sales to be transfered, to try and keep them out of the hands of criminals. But most criminals want a pistol, so they passed the law that all pistols must be transfered, and I think that goes for a family member giving one as a gift to another family member.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I spoke with Misty from Copes yesterday. They are expecting more of these bent blanks on Thursday. Both in AK47 and AK 74. I'm already in line.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Id be interested in a ak 74 bent blank. not exactly sure what is differant but if its got the bulge around the trigger pin that would be great.

Ive always used tapcoes or simular one size fits all but id be interested in options.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

all of my builds have serial numbers, they will go into the stolen gun resgistry like all stolen firearms and will be returned, I also own several corps, I have my corp initals on them.
    I don't know the resale value on used ak receivers, homebuilt or FFL purchased I would think the market would be small as would the demand. especially since there are not as many kits around for sale
    Yea thats likely a good idea. I currently dont have numbers on mine. I likely should or at least copy the trunion number down. my main point is a henderson reciver is pretty damm pricy for what you get. an there not worth $50 more than one with no rails. there are 100% recivers cheaper that require no work. Im suprised that the polish ones are not being made with rails if there is a determination from the ATF that there legal.
    the could likey be made for about $5 more and would sell a lot more in the long run.

if you look closely at the picture of the hinderson there is a hole in the bottom like the tapcos had its a small hole i used them to locate the reciver in my jig. the polish bent blanks do not have that. I doubt there a polish shell. there likely a US flat bent with rails installed.

IMO the market or value of a home made reciveer to legaly resell is about $0 but a NDS reciver is worth a close to what you paid for it or more if its one not made any more. MY point is even if you decide you dont want the liabilty of selling a complete gun you can always drill ou the rivets or undo the screws an recoup the cost of the reciver an sell the kit seperatly. with a Henderson your out $70 an you work to finish it.

I dont sell any of my builds an hope i never will but some day in about 30 years Ill bot be able to shoot them an the will go some were.

IMO a gun that is legaly transferable an possaly grand fathered in under possable new up coming laws is going to be a better thing to have either form the value stand point or the fact you can prove you had it in your name. I dont care about beig on a list Ive been on gun lists since i was 18 an started buying them in my name. if i had onely one or two then yea id rather not be on a list as a gun owner, but i have over 9000 posts here an a few thousand more else were so im sure if they come to take guns im not going to fool any one.

Look at the prices of transferable machine guns. Some day a tranferable pre OBAMA ban AK or transferable reciver MIGHT be worth a lot of money. the reciver right now is as good as owning the gun. parts kits will only be worth so much an they will never be worth super big bucks at some point a manufaturer can make them from scratch an that prevents them from ever being worth super big bucks . BUT some day you might not be able to buy a newly made reciver or buid one at they might be out lawed.

look at what happend to prices of preban firearms in the last ban. If there ever is a new law an you are allowed to tranfer them after. only guns registered or possably proven built before a certain date will be grand fathered in. There are a lot of ifs but if the past is any prediction of the future your better off having them in your name. IMO

I relize not every one has my set up. to be honest I dont use a lot of what I have to make a AK. I didnt even have a press in my shop untill recently.

i like the polish blanks becsue there as cheap as a flat there some what authentic. im not sure yet if drilling holes is better than bending one with holes but Ill soon find out. As far a s a henderson there is no way im giong to pay more for a unfinished un tempered flat than I can buy a 100% tempered reciver for. ill pay the $25-$30 tranfer it in.

I dont do face to face sales when Im selling any more to strangers , I dont want to be the guy who sells to some nut. If a guy i dont know cant pass a back ground then i dont need to sell to him. I,ll offer to pay half of the transfer ( added to the gun price already ) an sleep a little better that when I rarely sell a fire arm its to a non known crimnal an more importantly its out of my name. I will still buy face to face but I always call an check to make sure there not reported stolen an document who I spoke to an when.

RIGHT NOW I WISH i HAD A 100% REVCIVER FOR EVERY KIT I OWNED AN I WISH I HAD MY REWELDS COMPLETED. i HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED HAVING SOME ONE LIKE TURBO THIS DO THEM SO THEY DO GENERATE A SERIAL NUMBER AN CAN BE TRANSFERED AT SOME POINT AN ARE TECHNICALY HOME MADE.
    I MAY BE COMPLETLY WRONG ON ALL OF THIS AN THERE IS NO IDEA OF WHATS COMING AN NONE OF IT WILL MATTER IF THERE IS A COMPLETE BAN AN THEY TRY TO TAKE THEM. IF TAHT HAPPENS THEY WILL GET DEMILLED RECIVER PARTS AN THE LITS WILL DISSAPEAR. LOL

I RESPECT ALL YOUR OPINIONS BTW.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a romanian RPK rifle I built many years ago( when the dinosaurs ruled the earth)I was making my own receivers in those days ( rolled my own) I would use a vise to hold the lower front and compress, then use wood on each side and clamps and compress the tops around the bulge it worked, can't speak on these new fangled pre-made flats, polish copes or henderson receivers, buying Nodaks goes against the grain for me
    I SAW WERE A GUY USED A BEAD ROLLER TO MAKE THE BULGES FOR A M70 RECIVER BACK IN THE DAY ON A STANDARD FLAT OR POSSABLY A THICK FLAT, SEEMS LIKE THERE WERE PICTURES HERE SOME WERE.

i HAVE SOEM PRE CUT 4140 PLATES MADE UP WITH EXTRA METAL FOR THE UPPER RAILS i WAS ALWAYS GOING TO TRY THAT. I ENED UP GETTING A DEAL ON TWO NDS -5 SO I BOUGHT THEM AN REGISTERED THEM AS PSITOL THE LAST DAY BEFORE THE FORMS CHANGED. I ONLY HAVE 5 100% RECVIER GUNS IN MY POSSESION THE REAT ARE HOME MADE AS WELL.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.