Thread: AMD 65 Kit

Feedback Score

Default AMD 65 Kit

Ordered a couple of AMD 65 kits today plus a Sterling and a Romy 47. I cant wait to start on AMD pics when they get here.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Did you get the Sterling kit with the 16" barrel? I think they are the best deal right now.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Yes on the 16 inch barrel. I wish they would have wrapped the barrel with something to protect the surface. Even duct tape on the threads and ends would have been better than nothing. Im surprised at the weight of the oval all package. Missing most of the receiver and it still has some heft to it. Ill start cleaning things today. The AMD is cool. I might even go through the SBR process. More reading a learning in that department to see if it is more headache than its worth. Pics soon Brad

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

If I was going to SBR one, it would be the Sterling not the AMD. Of course it's just as easy to send in two forms at the same time! Heh...Heh..
    On the AMD the look is not ALL that much different. On the sub guns a 16"' barrel looks like a damn broomstick with a trigger.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I know what you mean about the packing, most places just put everything in a bag loose and it all beats against itself during shipping.

What he said, if your going to SBR any, I'd do the Sterling. Sell or trade the barrel for an original one.
    The AMD don't look much different then one with an extension
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Food for thought. I do have a ways to go. If you have not seen the chick popping the targets on UTube it would appear that they have a full length tube. Thats a lot of hole drilling. Not bad looking either. It would appear to be reasonably accurate also. Heres the link for those that have not seen it. Im not sure why you would want to put yourself on the WEB shooting guns.???

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's a pretty good video
    The one in that video is an extended receiver, if you didn't know, I think someone sells those length tubes. If you want to keep the full length barrel, I think that's the way to go, it looks more finished then just having the long barrel hanging out.

Here's one with a standard length tube, the video isn't as good as the one you posted but it's the first one I found

Feedback Score

Thats what I thought about the gun. A better finish. You could do multiple cuts like a spiral type flute back to where the holes stop if you use a template or like you saw holes all the way to the end. If you can set the barrel in 2 trunnions one at the chamber and one at the threads and leave the tube hollow the rest of the way! Then you could rig a fake silencer that would go inside the shroud and over the barrel and obviously stick out a few inchs but you could secure it with a couple of thumb screws or what ever. Im drawing plans in my head as soon as I can work the cad in my PC Ill put together a print.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I kind of got what you mean, but maybe the fake can would be a little heavy.
    How about just a tube attached to the nut? Make it look like a full shroud but it's just a free float style tube type thing. Actually you could do what I just said and weld a washer type filler on the end that just fits over the barrel to close off that end of the tube.
    A lot of options on this one

Feedback Score

The more I think about it the ideas come into my head. A smooth tube out at the last 6 inchs or so would give that affect. Funny we are covering the sterling in AK section. Im sure Big G will come by and see if we can 308 this baby. Its about the love Big G. As soon as I get done with the domestic chores Ill play around with the CAD and see if I can create something. By the way I think I will order another kit tomorrow hell maybe 2. at the price one of those barrels might work for my 9MM AK build as you mentioned on the other side about a sleeve of tubing over the chamber. This is addicting.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.