Gunco Forums banner

Starting a guide rod build.....

5K views 61 replies 9 participants last post by  gwailo 
#1 ·
Okay so i finally cleaned out some more junk bins. found a 7 inch romy chrome bbl i had from a disastrous learning experience from years ago. figured id try my hand at being a human lathe and turning it down to fit a Bulgarian gas block.

......aaaaaand i did it.

Put it in an AMD trunnion and headspace..

GO!

No-Go..

and im using a polish 80% blank.

and that is as far as i have gotten today. I have been reading and reading and reading on guide rod builds, and still have some questions...

1. Do i need to drill through the gas block? or just drill an indent so to speak for the guide rod to rest in?

If anyone could post some pictures of the internals of their own, and how the rod attaches, where the spring goes, etc, i would REALLY appreciate it!!!!

More to follow. going to get a pistol trunnion from AK-builder for the back part. still throwing some ideas around. Thanks all!:)

See less See more
#56 ·
Have a spare AMD handguard i was looking at trying to make work. Cut it longer than it needs to be length wise, then cut and bend, and using my wirefeed and a lite application of m-a-n, trying to make up a hand-stop bend in it, to keep your hand nestled between the magazine and end of the gun. a very modified version of the front of an mp5k, minus the pistol grip part.

Here like this, only without the pistol grip of course, just looking for the handguard and that lip in the front to keep your hand from going forward

#57 ·
Did you finish your build?
I was thinking of having a collet spacer made between the receiver and hand guard. I got the idea from the custom free float AR hand guard this guy made.
http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=2750.0
He made his out of aluminum scraps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.