Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Starting a guide rod build.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

some how I got it in my head they were polish . likely becasue my polish hunter build.

I have a reciver sitting at a FFL I might just do a quicky screw build on in 7.62x39 as that what the ejector tip will be length wise. I can always unscrew it an sell it as a pistol kit if i dont like it or need the reciver.

I was thinking I could make a simple block to house the tube an GB front sight all in one piece. basicaly just need three holes bored into it one not clear through. I have stainless tubing that fits a piston perfect press the tube in the hole an a allen or pin to hold it an add piece on the rear to take the dust cover. should be pretty simple. maybe even make the bottem of it a integeral hand guard/ finger stop. I would not need to buy a rsb, gb or a front sigth block or a gas tube. an I could go aluminum to reduce some weight. Just thinking out loud.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Having a 'procedure' that a grown up will have when both he and his wife have the amount of kids they want, and dont want any more. Wish me luck. Any advice from those that have gone before?
    i hear the recover time is not to bad. had a buddy do that . I went with the divorce meathod it was only $300,000 an has about a 25 year recovery time. condoms are $5 a dozen LOL

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Got some parts mocked up for fit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I like the sight idea.

if I do one its getting a LH charge handel so i can hold it in my right an an contrl it as I charge it.

what about cutting away most of the front of the RSB so just the dust cover has a place to go???????? I keep thinking you dont need the rsb. I have a 223 galil tube I was looking at to try to get on a standard trunion.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this is what im thinking. thats a galil tube that would slide into the top of a trunion if the ears were sloted.

IMO you could jsut weld the gas tube to the GB its so short.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

looking at you mock up you could posably just make a plate with a hole in it an just sandwich it between the GB an the RSB an not need any tube at all.?????

im kind of likeing the idea of no RSB an just a extension on the GB . make the other end look like this

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

That looks like it'd work. I like that idea too. I have a bunch of aluminium rails, no steel ones so i cant weld any to it, but I want to 'bolt' a section of picatinny rail to the top of the RSB section i cut up. It has about 1/8-1/4" of clearance between it and and the bolt carrier. It cleared the line of sight of the HK ring sight on there. So, still playing around. anyone got a small section of metal/steel section of picatinny rail?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Played around a little more this morning. turned the end of the bbl down a bit more with a bench grinder and a file, enough to get a die on it.

Put a fake silencer on it from AK-builder to test the threads.. threadin' worked!

Now after the kids go down for a nap i'm either going to get started on working the modded RSB, or try some other options. maybe even say what the hell and see what the tide looks like and go catch another dinner, last night's was taaaasty!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

This is what I used instead of a rsb. its a chunk of 12ga barrel with a piece of sheet metal welded on to hold the top cover down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

goodluck, my guide rod was a fucking failure, not to be a negative Nancy, but the function of it was too crappy for my tast, regardless of how tight the rod fits.
    i feel like gas just escapes everywhere.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.