Found a piece of 1/2" iron pipe. ID was a bit tight, so i used a dremel and some crafty drill bit work to open it up. stepped the end at the gas block, measured, filed and welded it to the piece of RSB i used. Im hoping this will help minimize gas leakage when firing. also thinking of making some kind of 'telescoping/sectional' guide rod, so that i can close up the hole in the gas block by plugging it with a section of rod, that will stick out far enough for a shorter piece t meet up with it from the dust over retaining button. that way no gas is lossed out the GB. Still a work in progress, ideas coming and going... Fun to tinker tho!
Put the barrel section on after cleaning up the welds (sort of)
Mocked up, no lower rails, no rear trunnion, no FCG holes yet.
Enough for today, took the kids to the beach, worn out. Time for a beer and some Shade