Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Starting a guide rod build.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I SEE NO REASON THAT THE GAS BLOCK COULD NOT BE EXTENED AN HAVE THE SHORT TUBE AS PERMINATE WELDED PART. I SEE NO REASON TO REALLY EVEN NEED A RSB OR ON THE BARREL OR ATTACHED TO THE TRUNION. THE GB IS CAPIABLE OF SUPPORTING A SHORT TUBE LIKE THIS.

THE X39 HAS A PRETTY FAST WORDER AS IS AN THAT LIKELY ACCOUNTS FOR LESS UNBURNED POWDER VS A 5.45 AN LIKELY A 223.

I STILL THINK A FASTER POWDER WOULD BE OF BENIFIT IF YOU HAND LOAD. ANY POWDER THAT IS NOT BURIONG IS SIMPLY WASTED POWDER. imo BETTER TO HAVE IT ALL BURN AS IN A PISTOL TYPE POWDER.

THE DOWN SIDE IS THOSE HAND LOADS MIGHT BE PRETTY DANGERIOUS IN A LONGER BARREL AN IT WOULD BE SUPER EASY TO MIX SOME UP.

IM LOOKING AT THE 357 AR ROUND THAT WOULD USE CUT 223 BRASS AN WOULD NOT FIT ANY OTHER GUN. CAST LEAD BULLETS WOULD BE REALLY DOABLE HERE. iD OVE TO CRONY ONE OF THESE AN SEE HAT ITS REALLY DOING ???? I WONDER IF A 3" build in 7.62x39 is faster than a 7.62x25 tokerov round in a 6" barrel ??????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

im also wondering if the gasses from a muzzel break could also not be channeld into the rsb some how to reduce port size????? might also quite the gun some ntot sure the legalitys. a muzzel device desigend to cycle the gun might be cionsidered a supressor if it were to quiet the gun. then again if it part of the design to makle it work its not there to suppress. Im jsut thinking most guys but some sor tof zombie killing muzzel devive ont he gun. why not make it direct gas to help make it cycle?????? I looked at the idea ona accuracy build but never tried any thing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ANYTHING that changes or influences the sound can be called a suppressor IF THEY WANT IT TO......

been there, done that, had that conversation before. thats all about if they need justification to snag you. if they do? that would be a suppressor. :-)

one thing i want to tell you is to not worry about the port size, its no problem at all... there are lots of builds out there that have larger ports than this.

the port size is only like this due to its location and lack of barrel after the port for the pressure to do its job.

think of it this way:

1" snub nose saturday nite special..... except that its in a semi auto with a drum! :-)

essentially we are just making snub nose assault weapons, not something these were never designed to do or be.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hmmm so by that thinkin if a gas port then it could be a suspressor just playing levels advocate lol . I suppose a 100 port gas block on a rifle won't fly. just thinking out loud.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

oh this is where i bow out of the conversation. LMAO....

my visit went well, but other people on this board and WG did not fair so good. your really at the mercy of the inspector & what THEIR interpretation of the law is pertaining to you at the instant they are at your place.

if ya need any help on the build give me a yell.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Ok... had some more time today.

Got the dust cover latch and guide rod itself welded and in place:

Fitted some of the spring, will most likely need to trim some more coils, but for now it works:

And with a set of digital calipers, a drill, some schematics, and my MkI Eyeball...

Ooohhh that lined up nice didnt it??? I would like to thank the metal band "Nightwish", and their cover of the 1989 hit single, "Where were you last night?", which got stuck on repeat for about 5 beers.

Still needs the lower rails, FCG holes to be heat treated, and the center support rivet... but its looking like it wants to go bang eventually! woo!

Edit: I approve of this, my 1, 000th post on Gunco!! CHEERS!
    Last edited by Mr_Posthumous; 09-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Feedback Score

Dude when do u suppose some one will cut one off at the trunion and try to tie it together with rubber bands (ha strangle hold stuck on repeat after 9 beeers)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

oh this is where i bow out of the conversation. LMAO....

my visit went well, but other people on this board and WG did not fair so good. your really at the mercy of the inspector & what THEIR interpretation of the law is pertaining to you at the instant they are at your place.

if ya need any help on the build give me a yell.
    I HOPE I DIDNT CAUSE THIS ????? I WAS BEING A SMART ASS ABOUT THE 100 PORT GB LOL. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF MESSING WITH THE ATF.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Dude when do u suppose some one will cut one off at the trunion
    I HAVE SEEN THEM SHORTER THAN THIS . LITTERALY THE BULLET WAS ALMOST STICKING OUT OF THE BARREL. A BLOW BACK IN PISTOL CALIBUR COULD BE SHORTER YET IF YOU MOVE THE BREACH BACK A INCH OR SO ALONG WITH THE TRUNION . I INITALY HAD PLANNED A GUIDE ROD 7.62X25 WITH HOME MADE TRUNION AN BOLT/CARRIER THE RECIVER WOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST 2" SHORTER MAY BE MORE. WHEN AMMO GOT SCARCE AN THEN DOUBLED IN PRICE I HELD OFF. DECIDED TO SAVE HWAT i HAD FOR MY M76 YUGO TOKEROVS .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

look at my super shorty ak74s' there is literally 1" of rifling on these and they are still a closed bolt standard issue lock system...

without the flash hider on the end you can definitely SEE the bullet..... if you want to look in the end of a loaded gun... lmao
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.