Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Starting a guide rod build.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I see you just slid the rsb back. how do you fill in the gap were the dust cover dosent reach the truninon. do you just notch the dust cover ???

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

The part of the RSB there is where it would be on a normal build setup. I have the steel pipe going from it to the gasblack, so there is no gap between the RSB section and the trunnion.

Basically, square RSB, round pipe for gastube. Welded all the way around where they meet, to make it one piece with no gaps. the pipe and gas block are not joined, i just fitted the pipe to the proper length so that when the barrel was pressed in, it would mate up like a regular gastube and gasblock would.

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I see you just slid the rsb back. how do you fill in the gap were the dust cover dosent reach the truninon. do you just notch the dust cover ???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMMM I THINK I FOLLOW. A PIC WOULD BE COOL.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    HMMMMM I THINK I FOLLOW. A PIC WOULD BE COOL.
    Cut the dust cover retaining section away from the RSB, tacked it to the trunnion, then welded the pipe to it. What you say i do tend to agree with, and would recommend welding all of that onto the gas block, and not onto the trunnion. oh well for now...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so jumping a ahead a little bit.. what you planning on doing for your forward handgaurd? or are you gonna have one?
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Have a spare AMD handguard i was looking at trying to make work. Cut it longer than it needs to be length wise, then cut and bend, and using my wirefeed and a lite application of m-a-n, trying to make up a hand-stop bend in it, to keep your hand nestled between the magazine and end of the gun. a very modified version of the front of an mp5k, minus the pistol grip part.

Here like this, only without the pistol grip of course, just looking for the handguard and that lip in the front to keep your hand from going forward

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Have a spare AMD handguard i was looking at trying to make work. Cut it longer than it needs to be length wise, then cut and bend, and using my wirefeed and a lite application of m-a-n, trying to make up a hand-stop bend in it, to keep your hand nestled between the magazine and end of the gun. a very modified version of the front of an mp5k, minus the pistol grip part.

Here like this, only without the pistol grip of course, just looking for the handguard and that lip in the front to keep your hand from going forward

Did you finish your build?
    I was thinking of having a collet spacer made between the receiver and hand guard. I got the idea from the custom free float AR hand guard this guy made.
    http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=2750.0
    He made his out of aluminum scraps.

HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Nah, i screwed up the trunnion while reaming the barrel hole. Scrapped it. One day when im super rich and/or parts kits are a dime a dozen ill give it another shot. until then....

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Nah, i screwed up the trunnion while reaming the barrel hole. Scrapped it. One day when im super rich and/or parts kits are a dime a dozen ill give it another shot. until then....
    Scrapped it? That's too bad.
    I'm lacking in parts right now to finish. My mock up barrel is one of my custom line up pins. lol
    I guess the parts hunt will begin.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Not sure if the length will work, but i still have the Bolt and carrier i was using for mine, with the guide rod and all that if you're interetsed/need those parts.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.