Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AK RECIVER, BLANK & FLAT MAKERS

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Cold steel blanks
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i CANT FIND ANY THING ON HIGH STANDARD OR INTERARMS AS FAR AS RECIVERES FOR SALE????????

TWO OR THREE YEARS AGO THERE WERE RECIVERS BEIONG OFFERED HERE AN ON OTHER SITES THAT WSERE AROUND $40 WHO AN WERE DID THEY GO.

WHAT IS DINKYDOW SELLING HE HAS NOT BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE ?????????

Feedback Score

I had to call High Standard and ask them if they sold receivers to individuals. They are not listed specifically on their website. As I recall, they were slightly more expensive then as the premium NoDaks are now.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I just received a couple of these from Copes. I have not started a build with one yet, but I am very impressed with them.
    AKbuilder has drill jigs for them. It's too bad we did not have great platforms such as these to build off of, back when kits were plentiful.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f259/wts...24-99-a-66964/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    ITS LIKE THESE MANUFACTURES DONT WANT YOU TO FIND THEM MOST SEARHES GO TO A GUN SITE. ELK RIVER WHO BOUGHT OUT ARMORY MUST BE OUT OF BUSSINESS I KNOW THEY WERE PART OF GLOBAL AT ONE PINT SOMEHOW.
    Global Trades and Armory USA were always 2 distinct, separate businesses. The only things they had in common were they both occupied the same facility and some employees worked for both companies. I don't believe Elk River 'bought out' Armory USA but they did purchase their receiver inventory and dies.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

RobertRTG as well as AK-Builder both carry the Polish bent blanks. For both standard Ak and Tantal builds.

Tantal style has the relocated dimple for the unique Tantal safety selector.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

RobertRTG as well as AK-Builder both carry the Polish bent blanks. For both standard Ak and Tantal builds.

Tantal style has the relocated dimple for the unique Tantal safety selector.
    I have a standard Polish blank an it looks good. Im not a big fanof the belt sanded finish . there was a post on calguns about the metal being really soft an other issues . has any one actualy built one yet?? guy claimed it was so soft the metal bent wen center punching an it really warped when hardening the holes. ???????

I hope there OK im planning on a tantal build ont he kit I got from Sangrunhunter (RIP) before he passed. im planing on doing waht ever it takes to make the original LH selecter work.

Id love to know who imports these????? If a guy had a liscence there likely would be a bussiness operttunity to buy these in bulk finish them with good rails an an welds an then temper them an sell them. I know Turbo this on the AK forum was sending his out to be heat treated an was allowing others to send his in at the same time before they were made into finished recivers. I ned to contact him again an see how the recivers turn out when done . my two NDS recivers showed up at my FFL today an they were ordered on tuesday. great service. Im going to try to get them today if the transfer is not delayed like it is some times.

a lot of places selling those polish blanks includiung outdoor guide an a bunch of oter places. il get them from copes, AK builder or another sponser when possabble if there proven to be of as good metal. I hope they are. Im planing on making my own drill guide.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

I hope there OK im planning on a tantal build ont he kit I got from Sangrunhunter (RIP) before he passed. im planing on doing waht ever it takes to make the original LH selecter work.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f163/tantal-fcg-mods-33050/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Tantal FCG mods

THANKS I WAS LOOKING FOR THAT THE OTHER DAY.

Feedback Score

This fellow does weld togethers. Goes by the handle of Jack Squat's flat spot.
    Jack Squat's Flat Spot - Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.