Thread: Looking for Romy RPK Carry Handle Assembly

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Looking for Romy RPK Carry Handle Assembly

As stated in title. I have Googled the snot out of it, and haven't found any place that carries a correct RPK carry handle. I have found the type that attaches to a picattiny rail, but that's not what I want. Also there is the Galil type that Blackthorne is selling for a $130.00!!!! Not likely. Not sure how well it would work anyway. I'm sure it would require at least some (if not alot) of modification. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

This is frustrating. I can't find one anywhere. Are these actual original components, or are they comething that Century has cobbled together on their Romy RPK line? I may very well wind up having to buy the Galil assy from Blackthorne and mod it as required to fit the RPK handguard. That really sucks, as $130.00 is almost half the price of the parts kit!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Actual component. The Romy RPK is unique in that it has that carry handle and folding buttstock.

ETA: Very good closeup pics here:

Item:9752770 Romanian AK-47,RPK long barrel w/ tripod 7.62X39,spec stock For Sale at GunAuction.com

I've never seen the carry handle assembly by itself. The carry handle attached to the rear sight block. The Galil handle assembly is different; it attaches to the Galil's rear handguard retainer.

Consider a FAL carry handle. All these carry handles are visually close enough I'm not sure anyone would notice. FAL carry handles should be much cheaper than Galil unobtanium parts!

I am fairly certain the Romy RPK design is a loop that is welded to the RSB. I know I've seen some close-ups but can't think where. You could fab one with some thick-walled tubing or simply drill out a hole in a small button-shaped metal cylinder. Thinking the cut-off end of a longer metal rod.

I built one in this fashion for my dad's 6.5x55 rifle and once done welding I ground on the welds to make them look better. It works very well! This is the pre-painted pic, hopefully you can see the details enough:

Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well I'll be darned. I thought the RPK attached the same or similar to the Galil carry handle. Yeah I was looking at the FAL handles, trying to think of how to graft one on. So you just welded the hinge block onto the side of the RSB?? Unfortunately my blind @$$ can't see the detail enough. LOL. Thanks for the help Pookie!!!!!

BTW, here is the one for a picitinny rail. Might get one of these as a starting point.

Premium Foldable Carry Handle #MNT-HDL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yep, the one I converted started life as a Galil hinge block. As you can see the attachment simply needs to be something to support the carry handle. A Galil "support" is FAL-like in that the handle sits in-between the sides. A cross-pin goes in and holds it all in place.

The Romy RPK photos show that instead of having sides, they just stick the end of the rod into a piece of tubing and E-clip the ends. Now I could be wrong... if you take the handguards off perhaps there's a little piece that is being held in place under the handguards? There's room down there to put something so you might make a sheet metal clip that sticks out the side... dunno.

The Galil design (meant to be used with a pin) is the same as a FAL. Of course on the FAL the gas tube threads in and holds the handle in place.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.