Thread: Yugo RPK sight pins busted

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Yugo RPK sight pins busted

I have asked this a while back and never got around to repainring it. The FSB sight leaf has one of the pins broken. Many of you had given some good responses but for the life of me I can't locate the post. One suggestion had something about using a drill bit or part of it to replace the pin. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I didn't contribute to the original thread but I found it for ya.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f43/brok...r-sight-58813/
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendeljaeger View Post
    I didn't contribute to the original thread but I found it for ya.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f43/brok...r-sight-58813/
    Thank you, not sure why I could not find it.

Feedback Score

That is going to be a pretty delicate drilling job. I'll be interested to see how it works for you. The actual pivot ears are not a pin of course but milled into the sight ladder at manufacture. The pivot ears are .117" diameter and the entire thickness of the rear sight ladder is .123". You will not be able to drill anywhere near original diameter without running out into the ladder walls.

Maybe a 3/32 or .094" drill bit will work close enough and have enough clearance to drill. If you get lucky or are good it will drill straight and not have much runout into the ladder sidewalls etc. Really do not need two bits. Drill first then cut the shank for the pivot off the same bit.
    I have my doubts., but good luck and go slow.
    The undersized pivot shouldn't have much effect on actual sight trajectory and more to complete the look than anything. Might be a little sloppy in the RSB pivot inlet.
    Last edited by akblue; 09-20-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    That is going to be a pretty delicate drilling job. I'll be interested to see how it works for you. The actual pivot ears are not a pin of course but milled into the sight ladder at manufacture. The pivot ears are .117" diameter and the entire thickness of the rear sight ladder is .123". You will not be able to drill anywhere near original diameter without running out into the ladder walls.

Maybe a 3/32 or .094" drill but will work close enough and have enough clearance to drill. If you get lucky or are good it will drill straight and not have much runout into the ladder sidewalls etc. Really do not need two bits. Drill first then cut the shank for the pivot off the same bit.
    I have my doubts., but good luck and go slow.
    The undersized pivot shouldn't have much effect on actual sight trajectory and more to complete the look than anything. Might be a little sloppy in the RSB pivot inlet.

Yeah, reading the original post I was confused as it's one peice, not a separate pin.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It is one piece, your right but it was the best and quickest way to describe the part involved in the problem.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.