Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AKU-94 project

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default AKU-94 project

As I continue my endeavor to finish up some unfinished projects, here is what I'm starting today.

I picked up this AKU-94 kit second hand probably 5 or 6 years ago and never got around to it. The guy I bought it from had painted it coyote gray, but got no further.
    I'm using a very nice, almost new condition Romy G kit. The biggest complaint about these conversions was the spongy trigger due to the long trigger wire.
    That is what intrigues me most about doing this build and why I bought the kit in the first place. I want to see if there is a way to correct that. I have no Idea how at this point, except maybe installing some sort of a bell crank system to shorten and maybe take some of the bends out of the trigger wire.

I'm going to build it on one of copes new polish blanks, that I have already heat treated. That is the other thing that intrigues me about this build. I'm anxious to do a build on one of these receivers.

Here is what I'm starting with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

It should look something like this when it's finished.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

This is as far as I got today (had to be done in time for kickoff)

I got the TG riveted in place, mag spacing set and front trunnion holes drilled.
    So far I'm loving these Copes blanks. Everything has been right on the money.

Feedback Score

Looking great have'nt decided on my next build yet, either a 16" m76 or a galil in 300 black out.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking good x39!! One of these days. A bullpup is on the list, but unfortunately it's way down the build list. Keep up the good work.

By the way, I had the first Polish blank that I helped a friend build his Romy kit on, cracked through the trigger pin hole on the right side. I heat treated it the same as I have always done, so I'm not sure if it's something I did or the material. Dark Knight said that they are 1050 steel, not 4130, and need different heat treat procedures. I know that there are different Polish blanks out there, but these came from Widener's and AK Builder. (We put them all in a box, so I don't know which ones were which, but they all had the same brushed finish. ) Not sure about it, just passing it along. If you have any issues, I'd really be interested to know.
    bdwy007 likes this.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Do NOT want to steal the thread, but 2A, what was your process for this one?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Max - looking good so far and looking forward to reading more about this.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Max, I always post this when ever any one brings up the bullpup with long wires connecting the triggers. Back when this forum just started I read a thread where someone overcame the trigger mushiness by using a bicycle brake cable. He welded on two eyelets, one on each end, that held the ends of the outside of the cables. I have tried many times to find that post but never did.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendeljaeger View Post
    Max, I always post this when ever any one brings up the bullpup with long wires connecting the triggers. Back when this forum just started I read a thread where someone overcame the trigger mushiness by using a bicycle brake cable. He welded on two eyelets, one on each end, that held the ends of the outside of the cables. I have tried many times to find that post but never did.
    Yeah there was some talk of this method over on the Saiga 12 Forum. I've tried to find a pic, but have been unsuccessful.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendeljaeger View Post
    Good info, thanks.

Keep the ideas flowing guys, I'll be thinking about them all, when I get to that point.

sovbloc,
    Don't worry about the hijack. If there is enough interest in this thing, I'll make a condensed version, like I did with the Mauser thread.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.