Thread: AK-Builder bending jig

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default AK-Builder bending jig

Well, I broke down and bought a jig from AK-builder, with the 1.5mm punch. Im putting together what I am telling myself is going to be my final build. Just getting to expensive, and living where I live now, i get away to shoot maybe twice a year, if that.

Got an M70AB2 front end. Ordered the Jig, a flat, rivets and the 1.5mm center support rivet. Still need the barrel. Next paycheck...

Ordered a fixed stock flat. Will get an M70 rear trunnion from Apex with a barrel next paycheck too. Maybe a buttstock from Ironwood.

Once it is done, Im either going to put the jig up for sale on here, or just loan it out to the guys no here that were looking for one.

If there are still more than one or two people that want to use it by the time im finished, let me know and ill just go the loan it out route.

I like to document builds, so ill post lotsa pics once everything gets here.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Well, I broke down and bought a jig from AK-builder, with the 1.5mm punch. Im putting together what I am telling myself is going to be my final build. Just getting to expensive, and living where I live now, i get away to shoot maybe twice a year, if that.

Got an M70AB2 front end. Ordered the Jig, a flat, rivets and the 1.5mm center support rivet. Still need the barrel. Next paycheck...

Ordered a fixed stock flat. Will get an M70 rear trunnion from Apex with a barrel next paycheck too. Maybe a buttstock from Ironwood.

Once it is done, Im either going to put the jig up for sale on here, or just loan it out to the guys no here that were looking for one.
    Almost forgot, clean your room too.

If there are still more than one or two people that want to use it by the time im finished, let me know and ill just go the loan it out route.

I like to document builds, so ill post lotsa pics once everything gets here.

Cheers!
    Or, you might get the itch again.
    Start searching for a sweet "trench art" kit.
    Or maybe a Yugo RPK.
    It happens, ask me how.
    I remember when I got my first Yugo kit with the unseen "bulged trunnion" and called centerfire to tell them they needed their "junk" back. Very happy she convinced me to keep them. Solid weapons.
    Tools are priceless, especially good tools. Loan it out if you want, but keep it. Tools keep people alive in desperate times.

Almost forgot, clean your room too.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Clean my room too? I cleaned the garage out today and in fact cleaned the bedroom too. Haa.

I'd rather keep it too. But would be willing to loan it to other builders on here of course!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Yes good tools are a must to keep!!
    I have one of curtises old jigs and I keep it for those oddball custom projects since I got the newer style one.Only thing is I didn't get the 1.5 mm punch with it
    I might have to borrow yours when I'm ready to do my yugo.
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I Would be interested in borrowing It as well. Thanks.

Feedback Score

By the way, do you have any riveting jigs?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.