Gunco Forums banner

anyone attempt to reweld a stamped rec?

8K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  jimmy_stikx 
#1 ·
Just purchased a matching romy G kit for more than it cost 6 months ago. But It looks like the guy tried getting the barrel pin out but had no luck. He didnt bugger it up but I dont want to destroy it either. Ive welded alot of sheet metal patches into my chevelle and elcamino's so butt joints are nothing new. Ive got a polish blank sitting here and was wondering if anyones has ever welded in a repair panel in to a stamped reciever? I did this on a milled M64 as my first AK build a couple years ago. Now Im thinking of trying it on a stamped. I dont have to mess with the headspace or deal with the barrel pin this way. Thoughts? jim

#32 ·
After my move and next paycheck I'm probably going to attempt making a couple recievers from the crushed ones for my psl kit and m76 clone I'm working on. I'm going to see how well a stick welder made from a couple car batteries works, because oxy welding might be a bit extreme for the sheet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.