Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Polish Blank Question

Feedback Score

I ordered four Polish AKM receivers from copes on the first day they offered them. I was bewildered upon opening the package. Why are they sanded ? To remove the surface rust ? The receiver ends have a radius as they were not sanded flat. I guess you get what you pay for. Definitely not finished they way I expected.

AK M

Feedback Score

Sanded? the ones I received are not sanded but do have a rather odd lateral maks in the sides of the outer shell. I assumed roll marks from the manufacturing and that final prep would be used to buff this down. Dunno., no evidence of sanding on the two I have.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    Sanded? the ones I received are not sanded but do have a rather odd lateral maks in the sides of the outer shell. I assumed roll marks from the manufacturing and that final prep would be used to buff this down. Dunno., no evidence of sanding on the two I have.
    This is the one I bought. Is it the same as yours?

Feedback Score

Yes., same metal apearance as all of them I have seen. As manufactured AFAIK..
    Spolied by US made flats or NDS receivers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THER COPES BENT SHELLS ARE NOT SANDED LIKE THAT . I HAVE THE TANTAL ONE AN THE STANDARD THERE NOT SANDED.

I HAVE A SANDED ONE FROM ELSEWERE .

IN THE OTHER THREAD IT WAS DETERMINED THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE VERSIONS OF THE STANDARD.. THE STAMPS VARY ON THE SANDED ONES.

THE ONLY WAY YOUR GOING TO KNOW WHAT YOU GOT IS TRY TO TEMPER ONE AN SEE .

Feedback Score

Just buy 80% ones from Childers already heat treated.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Just buy 80% ones from Childers already heat treated.
    WAY TO EXPENSIVE IMO.

Feedback Score

If you're to heat treat the entire Receiver, which I read is recommended for the polish ones, the cost is this , in my case at least.

First couple from AK Builder at 32.95Ea +11.48 shipping =77.38.
    Shipping to Dark Knight : Heat Treat 2 rec. =61.70
    Add shipping 10.00
    Add Return Shipping 10.25
    Total : 159.33 _____Without Rails

Buy straight from Dark Knight , Less effort, 159.95 inc shipping PLUS Polish
    Rails Included.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SO ITS PER PAIR $160???

HMMMM 5 MONTHS AGO I WAS BUYING NDS BLEAMS WITH THE TRUNION HOLES SLIGHTLY OFF FOR $65 AN IF THEY CATCH UP A THERE UNDER $100 EACH AN THERE LEGAL TO RESELL AN ARE COMPLETLY BUILT AN PHOSFATED. EXPENSIVE YES BUT COMPOARED TO A TEMPOERED FLAT AT $75 AN UNDONE THERE A BARGIN .

THE COPES BLAMNK WAS $21 THE RAILS WERE $8 .

IMO A HOME MADE RECIVER IS NOT WORTH $75 ESPECIALY WHEN AKS THAT CAN BE SOLD ARE HITTING $700 AN WELL ABOVE THAT.

MY LAST RECIVER COST ME $10 TO MAKE WHILE NOT FULLY HEAT TREATED WILL LIKELY NEVER HAVE A ISSUE . MY 223 HAS OVER 5000 ROUNDS ON IT WITH ZERO ISSUES.

ITS A SHAME NO ONE (FFL) IS TAKING THESE POLISH BLANKS AN FINISHING THEM AN SELLIGN THEM AT $75- $80 . IT WOULD TAKE A GUY ABOUT 15 MINUTES EXTRA TO DRILL THE HOLES WITH A JIG AN SPOT WELD THE RAILS BEFORE THERE TEMPERED.

IM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR ACOMPLISHING WHEN YOU GO WELDING ON A TEMPERED RECIVER AN SCREWING WITH IT AROUND THE WELD AREAS. MIGHT BE A SPOT WERE IT WILL CRACK ??? LIKELY NOT BUT YOUR DEFIANATLY AFFECTING THE TEMPER WERE YOU WELD AN WORTH MENTIONING .

ILL ADMITT I WELD IN FULLY TEMPRED RAILS ONTO A A UNTEMPRED RECIVER WITH NO ISSUES .

I WISH I WAS ZONED TO RUN A SHOP ON MY PROPERTY ID BE LOOKING AT OPTIONS.

DOES ANY ONE EVEN HAVE THE POLISH BLANKS IN STOCK AT A REASONABLE PRICE ANY MORE?????? THEY WERE AT $19 EACH FOR A WHILE .

I GOT THREE BLANKS TO BUILD YET AN ILL POSTIF THERE ARE ANY DIFFERANCES NOTED ON THE SANDED VS THE UNSANDED.

Feedback Score

Prices aren't going down . Different strokes for different Folks eh. Whatever makes you happy, with whatever the Deal is, is all that matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.