Gunco Forums banner

80% milled?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I got the same kit as the one in this post:
http://www.gunco.net/forums/f43/building-bulgarian-milled-kit-stamped-70111/
also from MidwayUSA. Mine had much more wear on it than this one did, but the mags were in good condition. Anyway, it appears that it is somewhat difficult to get a stamped receiver to work with a milled kit. At time of purchase I was mostly after the magazines (right after CT shooting - ALL AR/Glock mags gone :eek:) but thought why not have an AK - I thought all were stamped and no one would put the time and resources of milling into an AK. Either way, it looks like I have to buy front and rear trunnions or buy a milled reciever - my stamped one I made won't work. So I might as well just do it right and buy a milled receiver. (I do have mad welding skills.. sort of.. so I am open to mods)

Because I don't want to get ripped off by my local FFL charging $70+ for a transfer on a $20-30 receiver, does anyone have or know somewhere where I can get an 80% milled Bulgarian receiver? (again I don't know if the country of origin affects the shape/compatibility of the piece)

#2 ·
Where are you going to find a 30 dollar milled receiver to be transfer in ? Try 300 dollars in up.

There are no 30 dollars Stamp receivers either You're looking at about 100 dollars and up these days.

There are no 80 percent type milled receiver available anywhere from anyone ever that I know of.

#5 ·
Actually your looking at about $600 for a milled receiver & AK kit for it, then a few bucks more for 922r parts. Which isn't that much, even before the "panic" started the cheapest ARs were going for that or a little more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.