Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ACCURIZING THE AK

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I pulled my varmit build apart for some cleaning and adjusting.

here is the trigger with a adjusting screw attaached. the head hits the selector shaft to limit over travel and the bottom hits the reciver bottom to adjust pre travel. I file the bottom to adjust. It gives me a low creap very crisp trigger at around 1.5 lbs pull. it is vey touchy and it is very hard to prevent bump firing.the hammer is filed and the spring is modifed as well.

I DO NOT RECOMEND ANY ONE COPYING THIS SET UP. IT IS FOR TARGET SHOOTING ONLY AND IS VERY VERY TOUCHY AND REQUIRES CONSTANT ATTENTION, IT IS NEVER USED WHEN LOADED OR CARRIED.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

It,s a real ballancing act to get a good trigger on these and still maintain reliability and not get bump firing or ahve the trigger not catch when the disconector releases.

with all this malfunctiong gun being a full auto BS you got to be careful and need to be to begin with.

I may end up going to a two stage set up on the next build. on a auto loader its realy tough not to bump the trigger when the rifle recoils off your shoulder when trying to squease off the perfect shot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

good info here looks like a pretty fair gain can be had with a longer barrel . close to 300FPS this is huge this guy has done some work with 308 bullets in a .310 bore as well. good info.
    7.62x39mm ammo tested in bbl lengths from short to long - THR

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have some 220 russian brass coming it has the smaller primer hole that all the bench rest guys insist on and is what they use to make all the PPC rounds out of. the PPC is arguably the most accurate round on the planet.

MY plan is to try to blow the cases out to 7.62x39. ( actually it will be .308x39)
    Guys make 6mm ppc loads from 7.62 brass so Im hoping to go the other way. this hopefully will produce the highest quality brass avaliable for the 7.62x39 and will take the whole poor quality commercial brass factor out of my loads.

I am also considering a 220 russian build with a 223 bore and bullets however. Im thinking that shorter fatter case will allow me to seat heavy 77 grain or even 80 gr bullets seated out correctly and still fit in a Standard AK mag. the 220 russian taper is simular to the 7.62x39 so hope fully the mags will work as is. the case capacity is slightly better than the 223 as well so this could be a win win situation. brass is expensive close to a $1 a round but I want to try it any way. there is virtualy zero Info on 220 Russian loads on the net. If any body has any on there load from disk programs or other info Im looking. If im going to use a commie gun I might as well try a commie round in it. I hve been thinking a 6mm PPC would be cool as well so Ill have some brass to play with.

Feedback Score

Hey biggun, you would seem to shoot a lot while hunting, and you reload, I guess finding the brass might be a bit challenging, but the AK can't really use a brass catcher because of the charging handle... Do the lightning bolt mod [left hand charging handle] on it and you can't use a scope, I'm imagining something involving a FAL charging handle and a spare gas tube.

Just a thought, but you could weld a collar on the piston, and have the pin that normally contacts the carrier of a FAL charging handle push on that collar. Fabricate a guide with a set of rails for the charging handle and it'd be easily removed if it messed up the accuracy. I wish I could draw you a picture, but I can't visualize a view that would adequately show what I'm talking about...

Maybe just cut a slot in a spare gas tube and weld a 1/4x20 nut onto the side of the piston's thin part [ground down enough to clear the rear sight base] use a bolt as a charging handle, unscrew it when you take the carrier out. Then you could use a brass catcher without having to take it off every time you need to charge the rifle.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there are brass catchers out there for the ak made of plastic I saw them advertised some were. I have been using a towel over the gun when varmit hunting in the prone position. for deer hinting or any were when I hunt while carring I dont worry about loosing shells. there is a company that makes a fal style charging handel setup I saw it on the AK forum. my build dosent use a side mount scope so a LH handel is still a option.

I want to try one of these brass catchers I dont if it will work with my scope rail though.

BRASS CATCHERS - Tactical Innovations Inc.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I was playing around with a barreless AMD 65 kit today that I might put a 1-12 twist
    .308 barrel on and wanted to also float the barrel. I got to thinking if the factory AMD hand guard was simply welded to the reciver and the front guard retainer welded to the hand guard and had the barrel hole opened up so that it didnt touch the barrel, you easly float the barrel and still keep it original appearing. you could also weld tabs inside the fore grip and bolt it to the reciver, from the bottom like a sagia. it would be a cheap and simple way to float the barrel.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I was thinking of a bag that would flip up to charge the rifle.

Im going to do a LH charge handel to make it possable to reload in the prone position with out taking my hand of the pistol grips.

If one wanted to redo the top cover a AR style set up could be possable designed.

Im not sure what you would gain but it could be done.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm imagining something involving a FAL charging handle and a spare gas tube.

Just a thought, but you could weld a collar on the piston, and have the pin that normally contacts the carrier of a FAL charging handle push on that collar. Fabricate a guide with a set of rails for the charging handle and it'd be easily removed if it messed up the accuracy. I wish I could draw you a picture, but I can't visualize a view that would adequately show what I'm talking about...

Maybe just cut a slot in a spare gas tube and weld a 1/4x20 nut onto the side of the piston's thin part [ground down enough to clear the rear sight base] use a bolt as a charging handle, unscrew it when you take the carrier out. Then you could use a brass catcher without having to take it off every time you need to charge the rifle.

sort of like this????

AK Ratchet Charging

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

sort of like this????

AK Ratchet Charging
    I don't like that the charging handle cycles, if it could be done as a static I'd buy one.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

accurized ak pictures

accurizing an ak 47

vektor h5 for sale
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.