Gunco Forums banner

oversized trunion

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  vinco 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I bought a Bulgarian ak parts kit from Sportsmans guide and when I ordered a barrel from ak builder I tried the fit and it was pretty loose. I measured the trunion to be about .911" and the barrel to be about .908". is this trunion salvageable? or should I look for one someplace? if so anyone have a good source for AKM trunions?

#6 ·
The knurling tool in the other post will in all liklihood create a very good interference fit.
While I have used hand knurling with a punch for diameter increase., the larger the diameter difference the more effective the full coverage knurling tool helps to achieve a concentric interference fit. Not too expensive and I found with the current USA barrel builds it is a really handy tool for undersized journals or oversized component fit..

#7 ·
So, did you get one of the "new" kits from Sportsman's Guide? I really should have spent the extra money and gotten the "new" kits instead of the "used" kits that I got, as the "used" kits I received didn't have trunnions at all! I guess that's really the difference in the kits they were offering, because all the parts I did receive in the "used" kits look pretty much brand new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.