Gunco Forums banner

Raw 7.62x39 Barrel Blanks

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
For those of you who have a lathe or access to one, Green Mountain has their AK barrel blanks back in stock for a pretty reasonable price - at least in comparison with the prices of available commercial finished barrels right now. Just wanted to give a heads-up.

7.62x39 AK Raw Barrel Blank 1" x 20"

#2 ·
Really appreciate the update! For some reason gms website doesn't agree with my phone so I bet I would have missed them.

#4 ·
Has anyone gotten one of these blanks before? Are they chambered, or do they require the chamber to be cut? I am a bit concerned about it because although I do have a lathe to cut the outer profile, I don't have a chamber reamer, and they're 150 bucks or so.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for the rental link - it keeps these things being fairly cheap barrels. I got to thinking creatively today... will a PSL bolt fit directly into a stamped AK? I really dig the idea of doing a bull-barrel AK chambered in 54R, or doing a bull-barrel sporter 91/30.

#10 ·
you guys need to do your home work . before ordering barrel blanks an fitting PSL into stock ak parts there a bunch of differences . better to buy a psl kit.

BTW a PSL has a thinner barrel than a Yugo m70 an is only a little bigger than a stock akm at the gas block.

so your not going to be doing any heavy barrel build with stock components .

GM has been selling those blanks off an on for about 4 years or more .

you get what you pay for . a good blank cost about $200 so don't expect a lot for $40 they used to be $29. there not turned blanks an ther enot tunrend on centers so you going to need a lathe an a lot of time to make these into some thing .

I have used a few of them don't expct a lot for accuracy .

If your going to build a heavy barrel target set up you start with a good blank or barrel. sticking a $35 blank on a $500 kit don't really make sence these days .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.