Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 80% reciever question

Feedback Score

Default 80% reciever question

So if you buy an 80% blank no matter where it was made it is not considered a receiver yet it is considered basically a paper weight. SO if you are in the US and drill it out and make it a receiver is it then a US made receiver?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Correct, It is only a piece of material before you make it a gun in the US. Materials for making guns can be sourced outside the US. That being said. I am not a lawyer and the ATF may not agree! ;-)

Feedback Score

If you order one from Curtis, he will send you a letter from the atf stating the legalities with it. As long as you drill it and weld it here in the us, it ain't a foreign firearm.

Feedback Score

That is what I thought thanks I have the Blank already.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

those atf letters are sometimes not worth the paper they are printed on, but the general excepted fact and/or rule of thumb is, they are not receivers and once made 100% they are US made,, though that has been argued for years also
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

It will count as 1 US made part.

It's also NOT the only US made part required.

Feedback Score

But can we engrave or mark the receiver made in the USA? that s the sixty-four thousand dollar question, If anyone wants I will write a letter toi ATF regarding this issue
    and post the response that I get back from ATF, If you guys would like me too, Further if ATF write yiou back on a project you are doing, and you follow that plan to the letter, as you have explained your build. and they givce yu the go ahead or approve your build, I keep a copy of the letter with all the receipts with the US part count, in my case when I go to the range just in case someone decides to get curious to see if my weapon is built correctly ,anad I keep a copy of these papers not only in my safe , but also in a safety deposit box that shows every peice of documention for that weapon, usally when you have this the Police and goverment will leave you alone, Has just been my experence, and dont argue with them, if they want something changed ,change it, it only goes to prove that you are willing to work with in ATF's laws wich goes a long way on gettign a build approved. and just because one guy will approve the build , dosn;t mean another agent will agree with him or her, but more than likely they will just let it slide or offer yiou a suggestion to make it just a weee bit better so it dont go full rock & roll...Doc
    Last edited by dcholl; 03-24-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

BUt can we engrace or mark the receiver made in the USA?
    Yes you can mark a flat or blank with "made in the USA".
    Are you going to send me a check or cash
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nothing is certain when dealing with the BATF. Have gotten completely opposite answers from them depending upon who I was talking to, yikes!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OK its like this its not a recvier an wont be until its made into one . were its made into one is what matters. you don't need to stamp any thing an would make no difference if you did. oits the same as a taking a demilled set of milled stupos an weldinghem up here you now have a USA made recvier.

half the steel we get in the usa is made in canida or some were else now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.