Gunco Forums banner

Ak74 build assistance near Philadelphia? Or build Party?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pjm204 
#1 ·
I've built up a few 47's in the past but this will be my first build with a virgin barrel. Just looking to see if anyone feels like lending a hand and has the proper tools (flat jig, drill press, etc). I'll bring the beer and good conversation.

Other option is if anyone would like to have a build party, we could all work together.

Thanks

#2 ·
Note the front trunnion rivets are different from AKM rivets. 4 swell neck rivets with 4.5 mm shanks instead of the two AKM swell necks that have 4.0 mm shank diameters. The two center non-swell neck rivets do have 4.0 mm shanks in the AK-74 though. You'll see the countersinks in the trunnion for the swell neck rivets.

#3 ·
Good info, I did buy a rivet kit for an AK-74 so hopefully I got the right ones. I believe I have everything I need to put it together. Aside from a finish since the barrel is in the white. I may pay to have it professionally coated. I haven't had much luck with rattle can jobs lasting.

#7 ·
I considered that. I've drilled barrel pin slots, and pinned on FSB's. The front handguard retainer is already set up, as is the gas port. I think I can line up everything based on the handguard retainer and gasport. I just don't have headspace guages. I could probably have them made by a buddy if I had the dimensions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.