Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Build Party Romy Pics

Feedback Score

Default Very Nice,

....and thanks for posting those pics...beautiful gun. I have another thread going trying to determine what type of stock to put on my AMD65. I really like folding stocks, but don't want the AMD stock on my rifle cause then the receiver is dedicated to that AMD65 platform.

I have thought about going the route you did, or going with a german wire folder as suggested by Coils.....Cause you can always buy another Rear trunnion (yours is the adapter that you have to cut tang right?).

Just Curious, why did you choose to fold left? It looks in the pic that you could still use the trigger if it was to the right? Did it block the charging handle and mag release....or is it easier for you to open it up while over you shoulder with the stock on left? Apologies if these are somewhat newb questions....just look at my title, that should explain it....lol. Thanks again!

how many coats of Alumahyde?? (thought i would try to sneak this in here...
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I rarely have a reason to fold the stock.
    But as I do not have a side rail, that and trigger/charging handle access was my primary reason for folding left.
    There are quite a few options for mounting a folder.
    The Romanian/German type side folders work with a unmodified fixed stock tang.
    The internal Ace block on this rifle does require the the tang to be modified.

The Aluma Hyde II was applied in 4 coats, each coat was hit with a hair dryer between coats.
    I have always oven cured my Aluma Hyde finishes @ 250 for 1.5-2 hrs.
    Like all other finishes, prep is key.

Shooter

Feedback Score

Thanks shooter, and you are so right...prep is so important for the finished product to be nice.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.