Gunco Forums banner

M92 issue

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jreifsch80 
#1 ·
I'm almost done with my M92 build, pending a few more 922r parts. I've installed the underfolding stock, but it just won't function right. When doing a virgin build, do you have to work the stock to get it to function? I can't push the button in to get it to fold.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So your having trouble pushing the button in, or isn't the button popping out when it gets to the open & folded position?
Double check the holes the locking lugs go into, maybe one of them is off a little or maybe just a tad to small?

Build looks really nice

#3 ·
First off before you pin the parts in place on the folder, you need to check fitment on BOTH locking lugs with relation to the holes in the trunnion and receiver. Sometimes it takes a little filing to get it just right. Just don't take too much out or it will be sloppy. File, install, check. Repeat until it opens and locks, and closes and locks correctly. (Better a little snug, as it will wear in after awhile and will give you a tighter lockup.) Once it's to the way you want it, then final assemble the complete mechanism. HTH.

#4 ·
The holes on the trunnion didn't match up perfectly, so I used the dremel to match them up better. The button won't push in, so I think the locking lugs fit a little tight. I'll open them up a little and hopefully that will do the trick. Many thanks on the input. This build is the hardest I've done yet.

#5 ·
Before starting over with install/mods., try a plastic or rawhide hammer to rap on the release button and some oil. Rap it in a few times and then see if it starts to loosen up as you rotate the stock open and closed etc..
Starting tight is not always bad. This assumes the locking pin is properly installed through the pivot bolt and locking button but not hrough one of the spring coils etc.

#7 ·
Coils is spot on, don't remove any metal until you know it is a problem! You should test fit all the parts before pinning the assembly in place; even then, the plastic mallet or the rawhide hammer is your friend, more so than the dremel @ this point!

#8 ·
Check the slots in the hole on the right side of the receiver, as this has been a problem with a few of my builds.
The right inner pin must clear the slots. By this I mean the pin should fit inside the receiver slots. If not, the button will not ingage, and release correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.