Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yugo M70 rear trunnion tempate

Feedback Score

Default Yugo M70 rear trunnion tempate

I have a virgin rear trunnion and a NDS-7 reciever, neither have the underfolder holes or rivet holes and the NDS 7 reciever needs to be trimmed at an angle to fit the Yugo trunnion. Emailed NoDak and they don't have a template and haven't found one on the AK sites, anyone got ant ideas? thanks

Feedback Score

See if you can find, borrow or purchase a Yugo M70 stamped rear receiver stub to use as a guide. Only need one side as you can flop it for opposite or do a drill through etc.
    Working an undrilled receiver and virgin trunnion is a larger challange.
    I do not recall seeing a Yugo template as it is not the same as Polish etc.
    The angle of the teceiver adjustment is an easy fix and can be done after trunnion mock up or install on a belt sander or file or mini air die grinder etc.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

As far as the holes go, I used a hole finder to lay out the general location of the holes on a polish underfolder on one side. Then drilled several sizes under and walked the bits to get very close, then used a dremmel to finish. Then you can drill straight through for the other side like akblue suggested. I also used a step bit for the bigger center hole.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    As far as the holes go, I used a hole finder to lay out the general location of the holes on a polish underfolder on one side. Then drilled several sizes under and walked the bits to get very close, then used a dremmel to finish. Then you can drill straight through for the other side like akblue suggested. I also used a step bit for the bigger center hole.
    I'm with you on blind hole finder and pilot holes., but in the OP's case without a template or drilled trunnion to work from he is lost in terms of location.
    Hence the receiver stub.
    There are on line templates for thwe Polish UF drilling., but the Yugo pattern is different.

Feedback Score

Default This is what I have to work with

This is the rear trunnion and NDS-7 for the M70 underfolder I am building, the barrel and front trunnion are at Restoreit being setup, I hope Pat drills the front trunnion holes because it is a virgin trunnion also. You can really see the difference in the rear angle between the back of the trunnion and the back of the NDS-7. Thanks for the input guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

You realize that you will have to modify that rear trunnion for the M70? There is no rear retaining ledge on that trunnion to hold the top cover in place at the rear of the receiver.
    That is a M85 rear trunnion vs M92 correct? The M92 will be too wide for the M70 receiver.

Feedback Score

Default rear trunnion with spring

here's a shot of the trunnion slid about halfway in with a rear spring in the guide slot, I don't know where the trunnions originally came from they were in the kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kamf181 View Post
    here's a shot of the trunnion slid about halfway in with a rear spring in the guide slot, I don't know where the trunnions originally came from they were in the kit.
    Sorry., I corrected my post., I had spring guide on the brain. The rear ledge is to hold the top cover in place. That trunnion will not retain the receiver cover.., it is designed for the krink top cover.
    Evidently it is a M85 rear trunion or it would bnot fit inside the receiver if it was M92.

M70AB2 trunnion>

Feedback Score

Thanks for the heads up, if I can ever find a topcover I guess I'll have to mill a slot in the rear, seems to have plenty of room.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kamf181 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, if I can ever find a topcover I guess I'll have to mill a slot in the rear, seems to have plenty of room.
    Not a slot but a ledge.., see pic above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

m70ab2 m92 rear trunnion

yugo m70 rear trunnion

yugo m70 template
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.