Thread: MPi-69 pistol build

Feedback Score

Default MPi-69 pistol build

This is a MPi-69 partial kit that I picked up a few years ago that I have started working on again. The Germans had cut the barrel during reunification and the magazine plate is still missing, but I'm making progress, I sent the barrel assembly to Pat at Restore it and he cleaned up the cuts, put the front sight back on and threaded the end so a screw-on east german flash suppressor will work now. I'm using a Polish blank that after we lay out the holes we are going to lead up the marking on the side. It's got a pistol trunnion from AK-Builders with the sling loop and the rest of the furniture is east german from the old kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

as a owner of a complete MPi-69 rifle welcome to the club, cheaper than dirt just had a windfall sale on mags 3-4weeks back 4mag & pouch w/cleaning kit $9, I am stocked with mags for some time now
    these are fun guns, I took my nephew out for his firt range day last month I could not get him to put this rifle down tehn again it was designed for boys his age

love to see the final product, yep polish receivers will work fine no lower rails needed
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Default Starting point on pistol project

This is what I started with, and the last 2 photos are what I'm looking for, the mag plate guides the mag and puts the round in front of the bolt. My kit was missing this plate- it was probably cut when they cut the reciever. How did you modify the fire control group? I'm still working on that. Do they all have dimples?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

all parts except for barrels & trunnion are for sale at numrich gun parts
    MPI-69 MDL Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

check out the pictures this is a original MPi-69, mine does not have dimples the mag is held in place by the block
    no i did not modify and of the parts I removed the full auto compontents

Feedback Score

Thanks for the parts info, any idea what the block under the bolt is called? didn't see it, how many MPi-69's are there still out there, I think you are the only one I've heard of. do any AK parts fit? thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Matt Yeaman (turbothis) could probably reweld and rebuild the feed/ejector block
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Kampf

there are about 5 -10 that i know of, when I bought my kit they had ten kits, they were complete except for the receivers about 2003-2005

you could even get away with no welding the block its held in place with long rivets
    also they have a decent price on the mags package 4 mags and pouch for $47 thats $11 a mag not a bad price

there are also a few guys selling spare parts every once and a while on sturmweher

here is my rifle

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.