Gunco Forums banner

Default Rear Peep: Tech-Sights or TX Weapons Sys

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Tommo 
#1 ·
Finally got paperwork back to SBR a Draco. One open topic for me is getting a peep sight on it.

Dog Leg Scope Rail PRODUCT FEATURES
The TX Weapons Sys looks cool but is it REALLY stable? Especially if I want to put glass on it later? Down side is the rear peep they sell doesn't seem to have any elevation or windage adjustment

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories
The tech-sights advantage, as I see it, is the elevation and windage adjustment BUT I hear it is a real hassle to get the dustcover off for routine cleaning. I can't find it any more but I one saw a pic of a kind of quick release someone came up with by installing removable pins attached to each other with a little cable wrapped around the rear. Anybody seen this or can post a pic or thread link? I have a machinist buddy than could copy this.

Pros? Cons? In either camp?

#2 ·
I don't have either, but there were others asking about these before.

As for the elevation and windage of the TX setup, that would be done with the front sight.

And here's some videos I found on them
This is a good one for the TX setup, and the best one I've seen
[video=youtube;docUTwROk0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=docUTwROk0M]Texas Weapon Systems AK Top Cover Review - YouTube[/video]

This is the only one I could find that seemed decent for the Tech Sight brand, but it's still not a great one.
[video=youtube;M9aFATFbJ04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9aFATFbJ04]"1 MOA AK-47 Iron Sights" by Nutnfancy - YouTube[/video]
As for the pins with the cable thing, here you go
[video=youtube;_lvEg9rRWlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvEg9rRWlQ]Tech-Sights AK Modification - YouTube[/video]

So my opinion, I'd get the TX one, seems better made.
OH and if you decide to get either of these, go through a third party company, a few people complained about slow shipping when ordered direct. And don't forget to give us a review

#5 ·
I don't have either, but there were others asking about these before.

As for the elevation and windage of the TX setup, that would be done with the front sight.

And here's some videos I found on them
This is a good one for the TX setup, and the best one I've seen
Texas Weapon Systems AK Top Cover Review - YouTube

This is the only one I could find that seemed decent for the Tech Sight brand, but it's still not a great one.
"1 MOA AK-47 Iron Sights" by Nutnfancy - YouTube
As for the pins with the cable thing, here you go
Tech-Sights AK Modification - YouTube

So my opinion, I'd get the TX one, seems better made.
OH and if you decide to get either of these, go through a third party company, a few people complained about slow shipping when ordered direct. And don't forget to give us a review
Yup. That's all the info I stumbled on last year. Thanks for compiling. I will probably go Texas Wep Sys with a metal windage adjustable KelTec peep sight.

#9 ·
If you buy a TWS, order it from Brownells, and not direct from TWS if you can. TWS tends to be a little flaky with regards to customer service. I've never heard of them ripping anybody off, you just might have to wait for a while for your stuff, or to get a response to an inquiry.

#10 ·
I just ordered the TWS dogleg rail-cover and Krebs BHO safety from Brownells and a KelTec SU16B-365 metal rear peep sight from KelTec

Thanks for all the feedback and advice guys. Dogleg backordered but I'll be sure to post the build after she's done.

#17 ·
For just irons, a dust cover mounted sight will probably be fine, at least within the limits of what most people can do with iron sights anyway. I was commenting more on the railed cover than anything else; put an optic up there and you're not going to be able to get any kind of repeatable zero with it.

#16 ·
Thanks for this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.