Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with AK Builder Polish AK blank drilling fixture

Keep yer powder dry. cracker 60's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Unhappy Problem with AK Builder Polish AK blank drilling fixture

Hello all, about a year ago I bought a blank drilling fixture from AK Builder.com
    I didn't get around to actually using it last week when I noticed that holes on the sides were off about a little more that a 16th" about .075" actually. It appears that there is a misalignment between the bottom plate and the side plates. One or the other set of holes that are used in securing the plates are off. I checked to make sure that I didn't have the blank secured incorrectly but placing another un-drilled blank in the fixture and the X and Y holes were clearly not correctly aligned. Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by cracker 60; 05-21-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Clarity of post
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

While I don't have one of the drilling jigs, I use a cut up Romy crushed receiver from Apex. I cleco the side plates onto my blank and use a drill guide on both sides, to drill a #30 pilot hole. On the Polish blank I just drilled in this fashion, it came out very similar to your results. All I can think of is that the Polish blanks are just a little different than most AKM patterns, and that the drill jig is set up as a standard AKM.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

How did you determine that it is the jig that is off and not the crows feet?
    I have been using one of those jigs for a while now, mine is right on the money.
    If it is indeed the jig that is off, contact curtis. He is a stand up guy and will make things right.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If it is indeed the jig that is off, contact curtis. He is a stand up guy and will make things right.
    DITTO FIRST MAKE SURE ITS NOT THE FLAST THATS OFF. WILL THE FCG WORK AS ITS DRILLED NOW ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

DITTO FIRST MAKE SURE ITS NOT THE FLAST THATS OFF. WILL THE FCG WORK AS ITS DRILLED NOW ?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

The polish blanks are crap & sucked a LOT of wannabes in.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

If it is a problem with the tool Curtis will definitely make it right. He is a stand up guy.

I rechecked a flat I did and it was spot on so not sure if it is the flat or the tool for you.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    The polish blanks are crap & sucked a LOT of wannabes in.
    Wait! Wait!! Do you mean that the Poles would have taken an entire 56,000 piece run that was off, and sold it to US????? NO!!! Say it isn't SO!!!

I bought one of these several months, no make that more than a year ago...and the item was, well....

Terribly sad, but hey! They have learned all of the lessons of Capitolism! So we got that going for us, right?
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I search here and on the web but could not find any videos on using th AK Builder drilling jig. Does anyone know if a video on how to use it it exists? Thanks very much in advance for any information.

Keep yer powder dry. cracker 60's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A check of the FCG holes distance from the rear of the receiver did indicate that the fixture was off. Curtis is making it right. A fine man he is.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak builder drill jig off

ak drilling fixture

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.