Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Building one more

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, Tommo, I keep saying, "This will be the last AK I build". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

On another note The Dark Kanigget has shipped me the polish rec I sent him to be heat treated. Cameron, couldn't resist the Holy Grail reference...
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Good to know on the grip .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Can never have too many AKMs IMHO!
    The person who coined the phrase "too much of a good thing" obviously didn't collect firearms!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I definitely know the feeling, yikes!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got more done. Torqued my back wed, so I was crippled for a few days. Think I will wrap stock in tan paracord.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

j4, I've been giving this some thought. If I moved everything back on a bent blank (magwell,triggerguard,center support,etc) enough that the AR mags clear the locking lugs then that would mitigate the fear of the right lug breaking. I have one of the AR mag adapters on a 223 Ak, and altho I have fired many rounds thru it with the cut down right lug and it shows no sign of cracking or breaking I still have that niggling worry. Is this what you had in mind? I may pick up an AK74 kit to try it out on.
    Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    looks interesting.

i am wanting to build more AKs --right now i am still on an ar-15 binge.

the expense and scarce ammo and reloading supplies are making me think twice though.

i would really like to do a .223 AKM --and set up for ar15/m16-mags from the start--
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Lookin good there Dew!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If I moved everything back on a bent blank (magwell,triggerguard,center support,etc) enough that the AR mags clear the locking lugs then that would mitigate the fear of the right lug breaking. I have one of the AR mag adapters on a 223 Ak, and altho I have fired many rounds thru it with the cut down right lug and it shows no sign of cracking or breaking I still have that niggling worry.
    hmm how far back you need to go ? will it hurt feeding ? 223's can be finicky to feed .

i have never tried a adapeter canthe mags be notched or some thing to make them work vs grinding the trunion ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

i have never tried a adapeter canthe mags be notched or some thing to make them work vs grinding the trunion ?
    I seen one where a guy did that to the mag, he did take a little off the bottom of the lugs to make them flat, and he cut a square or rectangle area off the top front of the mag to clear the lugs.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

quote from 1biggun- hmm how far back you need to go ? WILL IT HURT FEEDING ? 223's can be finicky to feed .

That's the 64k $ question. I suppose you could split the difference so you wouldn't have to take off as much, front to back as it were. I think 3/8th" or so would clear, 1/4" would leave much of the lugs intact. Drawing #1 is lug with material removed (crosshatch area) with nothing moved back. #2 is with everything moved back 1/4" or so. I guess it would have to be tried to see what happens. I need to bend my own blanks to test it to save $. Dunno, just thinking out loud here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.