Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building one more

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Wink Building one more

Looking in my parts bin I saw that I had gathered almost enough parts to build again. I still needed a bbl and furniture. So this being a frankenbuild, I decided to go all mall ninja zombie slayer with this one. So far, along with the factory mix and match parts, I have a GM bbl, a cheap fde railed forearm, an AMD 65 folding stock w/ the riser that Apex sells for the AMD 65 stock,Hogue fde pistol grip, Tapco fde mag, and Tapco razor flash hider. This is meant to be a just for fun dont take life too seriously tongue in cheek build, really, tacticool. Pics later. edit: pic added. still waiting on cheek riser from Apex.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtdew; 08-17-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Massing what ya find when you scrumage around in those dark dusty corners ain't it mtdew????

I've found almost enough to do up another 03 Springfield,,just can't seem to find the stripped bolt and the new sporter barrel I had around here though,,, I know there here>>>>$#@#$#^)(&#@#$,,,somewhere!!!!

That's what I get for picking up the reloading room a few months ago,,,,CAN"T FIND A DAMN THING NOW!!!!!!

I Should have known better!!!! I used to know ,,just what,, was in every pile,,,now, not a clue ,,,,,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Good luck ,I haven't built one in so long I might have forgot how .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

looks interesting.

i am wanting to build more AKs --right now i am still on an ar-15 binge.

the expense and scarce ammo and reloading supplies are making me think twice though.

i would really like to do a .223 AKM --and set up for ar15/m16-mags from the start--

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks like a fun build. Keep on brother!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

j4, I know what u mean. If I didn't have all those spare parts screaming at me I wouldn't do another. I don't buy kits any more, to much $. I have been helping a lot of first time builders that want only 1 AK, so I have not been idle. The last one I helped build was an AK74 with a .223 bbl, set up to run bulgy .223 mags and promag .223 mags work great in it as well. Really a great shooter. If I got another kit I would do it in 223 AK74.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Should be a nice versatile rig when done . I have been wanting to try a Houge grip my self .

I have a folder of some sort in my future ., i have never done a full out taticool zombie slayer . my 223 wegier clone is about as close as I have come.

I am going to do a shorty pistol an a folder rifle at some point out of spare stuff .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I first used a Hogue on my saiga 12 and fell in love with it. I'm not a big fan of finger grooves, they always seem to be in the way and in the wrong place on the grip. Maybe I hold the grip wrong. I do tend to take a high hold on the grip. But the Hogue grips fit me. My fingers fall into place perfectly every time. No fiddling around to get the grip right before taking aim. I like 'em!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I first used a Hogue on my saiga 12 and fell in love with it. I'm not a big fan of finger grooves, they always seem to be in the way and in the wrong place on the grip. Maybe I hold the grip wrong. I do tend to take a high hold on the grip. But the Hogue grips fit me. My fingers fall into place perfectly every time. No fiddling around to get the grip right before taking aim. I like 'em!
    Ditto on the Houge grip. Definitely the most comfortable AK grip I've ever used. Well worth the $20.00 for one. If you're putting it on a shooter, you can't beat it IMHO.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Can never have too many AKMs IMHO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.