Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just another AK

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Just another AK

I'm posting this here instead of in the "completed" section, since it still needs to be refinished, plus a couple other minor touches. I built this one for my son, for when he gets old enough to have his own. He hit 19 months today, so it's going to sit for a while.

Rifle is built on an NDS-1, using mostly AMD-65 parts, with a standard length chrome lined US barrel in 7.62x39 and modular rear trunnion, both from AK Builder. The chrome moly Werewolf stock is a product of my welding bench, the grip is a Hogue. Since it already has US parts galore, I saved a little bit with Russian made handguards, and a used Romy gas piston from Apex. I think the gas tube is East German, and the modular Phantom flash hider is from CNC Warrior, which was on sale for 12 bucks. Sling is a basic Nylon AK sling from Suarez, on quick detach fittings. It has a G2 trigger at the moment, but I am eventually going to install an RSA adjustable.

I bought the AMD-65 parts kit from a member here a few years ago. It had been an attempted screw build, but it was drilled into the barrel, and actually through to the chamber. I sold/traded the furniture for the equivalent value of what I had paid for the kit (this was post barrel ban), and then the parts sat around my shop until I decided what to do with them this year. This is probably the best and smoothest one I have ever built. FSB is dead nuts on. When I test fired it (at only 25 yards so far) with the drum perfectly centered, it required no windage adjustment whatsoever.
    http://www.boomsticksforever.com/
    Specializing in hand-built modular stocks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Very handsome weapon you put together there. Hope you don't have to bury it in a time capsule with Obama still on the loose.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Sounds nice Netpackrat. Wish I could see it.

Start of rant: I know I've mentioned this many time, so I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but I cannot see ANY of your pictures. Been a member and regular poster for 4-5 years, and I have NEVER been able to see any pics that you post. It's only yours for some reason. I can see every other picture on here, but yours. It frustrates me, because you post stuff about your stocks regularly, with updates, new models, etc..., and I can never see them! I know it's not your fault, I'm just venting my frustration. Sorry, Rant off.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Looks great! I'm liking that stock!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Nice job. Stock looks good.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Sounds nice Netpackrat. Wish I could see it.

Start of rant: I know I've mentioned this many time, so I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but I cannot see ANY of your pictures. Been a member and regular poster for 4-5 years, and I have NEVER been able to see any pics that you post. It's only yours for some reason. I can see every other picture on here, but yours. It frustrates me, because you post stuff about your stocks regularly, with updates, new models, etc..., and I can never see them! I know it's not your fault, I'm just venting my frustration. Sorry, Rant off.
    It frustrates me, too. Either both of my domains (the above picture is hosted at my personal site, not my business one), or my web host in general is being filtered on your end.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I LIKE THE STOCK ALSO . NICE WORK I HOPE YOUR KID GETS TO ENJOY IT SOME DAY.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hey 2nd, he's got HOT girls in the pic's too. A little fur and everything!!

You should see 'em!
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looks great, you are a great Dad.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
    Hey 2nd, he's got HOT girls in the pic's too. A little fur and everything!!

You should see 'em!
    ROFL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.