Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yugo M77 Rework

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That is damn nice Blue!!!!! Great job.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Are any extra factory 10rd mags available any where?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Are any extra factory 10rd mags available any where?
    WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING.

THERE ALWAYS VERY PRICEY IF AVAILABLE.

SOME ONE NEEDS TO MAKE SOME M77 BOLTS FOR USE ON M70 TRUNIONS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Century has mags. MA206 $26.87 dealer
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

akblue,, what I've done on the ones I've had with those terrible thumb hole stocks, is to just cut a kerf in a regular stock and make the tenon section of the new stock fit the angled receiver and just added a thick recoil pad to make up the difference in length you removed to make the stock fit the angle. It makes a nice clean looking modification without adding a,,IMO,,goofy looking filler panel. It looks much nicer,,The first one I did, I did that way too and I really didn't like the looks of it and that's how I got around it. The recoil pad isn't really all that bad to have in place either on the 308's.

That makes a much more professional looking mod. and is very easy to do, and if you do it careful you won't even need to touch the stock finish, just seal the end grain where you remove the wood "wedge" as it's hidden anyways. Obviously you'll have to remove a bit of the end of the tenon sense it sits deeper but still no biggie to do. I used a Japanese cabinet makers saw that cut a really fine curf, and that worked super, I've seen others just use a hack saw, and that did OK too.

That's just what I've done before that works real well with very little effort and you won't end up with a filler panel.

Just a suggestion from what I've done in the past that worked real well for me. Some of those thumb hole stocks,,DO,,, really suck,,for sure !! I had one of the WASR one's that was really bad,,you needed 10 foot long fingers to get around the grip on that one. That one got the stock treatment too, obviously ,,other than this one had the straight receiver, even easier yet, no difference in LOP so no pad was reqiured.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by pupwag View Post
    Century has mags. MA206 $26.87 dealer
    Thanks.,those are the 10 round mags., two came with the rifle. I am looking for original 20 round or to adapt M14 mags. ., The 10 rounders are are OK but a like wonky.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    akblue,, what I've done on the ones I've had with those terrible thumb hole stocks, is to just cut a kerf in a regular stock and make the tenon section of the new stock fit the angled receiver and just added a thick recoil pad to make up the difference in length you removed to make the stock fit the angle. It makes a nice clean looking modification without adding a,,IMO,,goofy looking filler panel. It looks much nicer,,The first one I did, I did that way too and I really didn't like the looks of it and that's how I got around it. The recoil pad isn't really all that bad to have in place either on the 308's.

That makes a much more professional looking mod. and is very easy to do, and if you do it careful you won't even need to touch the stock finish, just seal the end grain where you remove the wood "wedge" as it's hidden anyways. Obviously you'll have to remove a bit of the end of the tenon sense it sits deeper but still no biggie to do. I used a Japanese cabinet makers saw that cut a really fine curf, and that worked super, I've seen others just use a hack saw, and that did OK too.

That's just what I've done before that works real well with very little effort and you won't end up with a filler panel.

Just a suggestion from what I've done in the past that worked real well for me. Some of those thumb hole stocks,,DO,,, really suck,,for sure !! I had one of the WASR one's that was really bad,,you needed 10 foot long fingers to get around the grip on that one. That one got the stock treatment too, obviously ,,other than this one had the straight receiver, even easier yet, no difference in LOP so no pad was reqiured.
    Thanks., I have seen the stock mod of inletting the wood etc. Not my type of mod. I will weld the filler plate and it will disappear and become a squareback receiver like the originals. Not a big deal., that is why I fabbed up the metal filler plate.. I have several welded up receivers to cover selector marks like S or F and re-engrave for original type or fill rivet holes for stock changes etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice to have that option to be able to have access to all the equipment you need to do a good job. I don't anymore,,sadly,,,sense I'm not @ the marina anymore. Before 06 I had access to just about everything you'd ever need, to do ANYTHING,,even plasma cutters, tig, sheet metal break's(like a 10' long one!!), panel bead rollers, English Wheel,,,,, the whole 9 yards,,,ain't got chit to work with now by comparison!!! Very frustrating now trying to do stuff nicely, or even to consider doing a build or a major hot rod project now.

Other than mass quantities of mechanics hand and air tools, I've just got a Snap-on "airport" stye box with a tow hitch and a suspension on 2 wheels,1 side box w/6 drawers,2 top box's, and 1 intermediate box,and 1 small roll around bottom. Every drawer over flowing,,,just no machine shop tools or welders now.
    Only basic hand tools now,
    but still,,, almost every tool known to man,, And Lord Knows,,I've been told,, I'm the fussiest fucker you'll ever see with them,,"Mr Persnickety",, Guilty,,,,,,I like quality built,,,everything!

I got enough hand tools, marine and body shop tools to fix just about anything ! Just no machine shop and welders,,,,Gerrrr, that really limits the projects now. Especially on my hot rods and guns.

Feedback Score

twa2471., funny you mention that. I just lost access to a complete hobby machine shop that I had free access to for the last 15 years or so. The fellow that owned it died in his late 80's some years ago. His widow kept the 2,000 square foot shop and rented the adjacent building. We had all the sutff., vertical & horizontal mills, lathe., surface grinder, metal band saws., and every cutting and filing and welding tool., reamers, drill bits presses etc..
    All gone as his widow just got too old to want to bother keeping the "shop". Thought about buying it with a friend but it is too much stuff and not as close to my home as desiu\rable. And so it goes. I share some of your loss of tools. I have my "home stuff" but no comparison to a complete 1950's/60's equipped shop. All high quality tools., USA, German or Swiss made etc.,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

akblue,
    Those hand guards look like cherry wood. Where did you get them?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

century yugo m77
ma206 m77
ma206 magazines

yugo m77 308 you tube

yugo m77 not being made anymore

yugo m77 stocks

yugo m77 trigger

yugo m77 wood stocks

yugo opap cleaning rod fitment
zastava m77 build up
zastava m77 dmr
zastava m77 magazine mod
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.