Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yugo M77 Rework

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by USMCE4retired View Post
    akblue,
    Those hand guards look like cherry wood. Where did you get them?
    They are Ironwood Design "seconds" from the Woodpile from back a couple of years ago. They had all sorts of stocks for sale due to wood defects and such. I purchased a bunch on a long shot and repaired or refurbished as needed. Most all of it was fine with some TLC. Off center wood milling in recess fitment or a knot or something.
    I should have the M77 fixed up in a few weeks.
    I modified a 20 round M14 mag to fit the M77. I got 5 of them at Knob creek for $9.99 each., Korean made but quite nice.
    Last edited by akblue; 11-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Very nice, would love to have a .308 AK myself.

Feedback Score

Updated., pretty much completed the rework. Pics in original post.^

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks great AKblue!! Nice work.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Very nice! Some good work done there. Too bad you couldn't get that shop and equipment. Seems that would have been a blast!

A lot cheaper than buying a AWO M76 build for sure. I think AWO was gonna make 20 round .308 mags but nothing I see yet.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Very nice! Some good work done there. Too bad you couldn't get that shop and equipment. Seems that would have been a blast!

A lot cheaper than buying a AWO M76 build for sure. I think AWO was gonna make 20 round .308 mags but nothing I see yet.
    They (AWO) modified the MG13 mags to feed 8mm. They use the standard M76 mags to feed the .308. Not sure if the MG13 would feed .308 reliably or not. I have the modified MG13 mags but not a .308 M76. I thought about building one in .308 as I have a couple of extra M76 kits., and Mark at AWO was going to sell me a barrel but the cost was really more than I wanted to pay and seemed a shame to use these kits as they have original M76 stubs and barrels which is a bit more uncommon.

A 8mm M76 shorty I built and a MG13 28 round mag.

Feedback Score

Got my M77 yesterday. Jumped on the $519 Classic Arms deal before the re-pricing. Haven't had time to compare it to my Mitchell M90 308 RPK. Dropped my C&R but had a buddy use his and ordered a couple of extra 10rd mags from Century for $26. Also ordered some M85/M90/M95 Yugo steel 223 30rd mags for $13ea on 3 or more till the end of the month. Those MG13 mags look great in that M76. Modded one for my Hakim years back.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Got my M77 yesterday. Jumped on the $519 Classic Arms deal before the re-pricing. Haven't had time to compare it to my Mitchell M90 308 RPK. Dropped my C&R but had a buddy use his and ordered a couple of extra 10rd mags from Century for $26. Also ordered some M85/M90/M95 Yugo steel 223 30rd mags for $13ea on 3 or more till the end of the month. Those MG13 mags look great in that M76. Modded one for my Hakim years back.
    You'll like it I think.
    Bud's Gun Shop had the M85/90 mags for $13.95 and Apex has the M77 mags for $28 IIRC for those who do not have Century Arms access with a FFL.

Modifying the M14 mags for the M77 is easy too. Those can be had as cheap as $10-$15.

Feedback Score

Last I checked Buds was $17 on 223 mags, must have missed the $13.95 price. Used modded Galil mags in the Mitchell, better than the chezzy USA mags Mitchell offered.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Last I checked Buds was $17 on 223 mags, must have missed the $13.95 price. Used modded Galil mags in the Mitchell, better than the chezzy USA mags Mitchell offered.
    Ooops you are right I was confusing them with the Yugo 7.62 BHO mags at Palmetto or something??? Memory glitch.

They are $17 for M85/90/95 mags at Buds. Reasonable compared to what they were a few months ago.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/711014615

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

308 ak bolt
akblue m77
converting galil mags to fit a m77
ma206 magazines
yugo m77 308 magazine

yugo m77 308 you tube

yugo m77 stocks

yugo m77 trigger

yugo m77 wood stocks

zastava m77 dmr build
zastava m77 magazine mod
zastava m77 muzzle nut
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.