Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: show your Magals!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    I finally bought one of those Magal stocks from Blackthorne. A couple of years ago the "inventory" counter on their site said "more than 999 in stock." Now they're showing 22 left.

Panaceabeachbum built one a few years ago, and I found someone else, but other than those two, bupkis.

So, where all all the Magal buiilds? Surely there are more than two!
    TRX, now that I've done a little research and figured out exactly what an original IMI Magal is, what caliber are you building it? .30 Carbine as original looks/sounds interesting. Mags and ammo should be a decent deal as well.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

9mm blowback, using a rewelded Apex Galil receiver. I'm still reading up on the trust and Form 1 stuff.

edit: Jack Squat PPSh-41 magwell, PPSh-41 mags. The PPSh bits look more similar to the Magal ones than the Suomi bits. Several people have mentioned the PPsh mags handled 9mm with no trouble.

The most difficult/expensive part will be the folding stock. The Magal uses an uncommon variant of the Galil stock, and I might wind up having to fake that unless I can snag a deal on the right parts.
    Last edited by TRX; 12-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Form 1 and trust went out yesterday. Supposedly a 15-month processing delay now... and mine will be delayed even more, since I just discovered that when I made copies of everything I put in the envelope, I mixed up the original and copied documents. One of the original Form 1s and the citizenship certificate are on my desk, and the copies are in the mail to the ATF. <sigh> Figure another month or two after the examiner opens the packet and sees my mistake.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.