Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: show your Magals!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default show your Magals!

I finally bought one of those Magal stocks from Blackthorne. A couple of years ago the "inventory" counter on their site said "more than 999 in stock." Now they're showing 22 left.

Panaceabeachbum built one a few years ago, and I found someone else, but other than those two, bupkis.

So, where all all the Magal buiilds? Surely there are more than two!
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What's a Magal?
    I know it's a stock, but a search didn't bring anything up
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What's a Magal?
    I know it's a stock, but a search didn't bring anything up
    Grass hopper your searchfo is weak

I HAD TO LOOK IT UP ALSO AS i HAD NO GLUE EITHER . ITS A GALIL STOCK BASICALLY

http://blackthorneproducts.com/cart/...products_id=36

Feedback Score

I had to go to the actual site too biggun, looks sweet!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's a Micro Galil in a big plastic stock, basically. It has a normal Galil cocking handle and selector instead of the Micro's left-side bits.

I've managed to find half a dozen tiny, low-resolution pictures and variants of the same two articles; otherwise, the Magal in thin in the webiverse.

God DAMN yellow flippy thing on the bottom right corner, is there NO way to turn that crap off?
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the link 1biggun, I did go to their site and put magal in the search box but it just took me to the AK section, I didn't look through all the products to see if it was there.

But I do remember them being talked about before, and I don't think I've ever seen a build with one yet.

God DAMN yellow flippy thing on the bottom right corner, is there NO way to turn that crap off?
    I was thinking "what the hell is he talking about?", but I seen it a few times while typing this, it's some kind of auto-save. And I doubt you can turn it off, but check the options or your profile, maybe there's something in one of those?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Here's some info I found:

IMI Magal

The Israeli Military industries (IMI) Magal is a modified version of the IMI Galil Micro Assault Rifle (MAR).

There are several main modification from the original Galil MAR design:

New lighter plastics stock.

full hand size guard to the pistol grip, allowing the police man to use the weapon as a club as well as reducing the risk that the weapon can be taken from the officer during a violent riot.

The Magal was design for two roles:

Replace the old M1 carbines currently used by the Israeli Civilian Guard.

Provide police units with less intimidating weapon then the M16 family of assault rifles.

The new weapon was chambered for the 0.3 caliber (same as the M1 carbine) since the Magal is supposed to be used in urban areas and the 0.3 caliber has less chance of over penetration then the more potent M16/Galil 5.56 mm round.

Originally the Magal was supposed to replace all M16 weapons used by the police, and a 4000 Magal units contract was awarded to IMI.

The first 1,000 units were supplied to the police in 1999-2000 and were massively used in the recent Israeli-Palestinian clashes in the Occupied Territories. The Israeli police was unpleased to say the least by the results of the Magal. Many of them had severe firing failures due to the extremity short barrel that produced insufficient gas pressure, especially when additional barrel mounted accessories like riot control devices are in place.

Eventually in early 2001 the usage of Magal in the police was almost completely suspended and most of them were sent back to the IMI factory for improvements.

Today, the IMI continue to supply the police with remaining 3000 units. However the new weapon is only issued to the Civil Guard and to the conventional police units. The Israeli Police Special Forces units are still using the M16 family (mainly the Colt Commando and the M4) and are not due to replace them in the future with the much inferior Magal.

The Magal is fitted with 30 rounds magazine. It weights 3.5 fully loaded, is 46 cm in length with the stock folded and 70 cm with the stock fully open. It costs about 1000$ per unit and is now offered for other countries Law Enforcement agencies.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Found this pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Nice stock., the regular micro looks cleaner. IMHO.
    Not a Magal but he stock..
    I welded up a micro Galil stock to a AMD pivot. Wanted a cleaner look.

Feedback Score

2nd thanks for the pic. Blue thats an awesome blend of AK and tacticool!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.