Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: AK PDW Build

Feedback Score

Okay, I have all my parts now and mocked up the Micro Galil gas piston.
    I never cut down a gas system and used a piston like this.
    Does the piston look to be at the correct depth in the gas block?
    Also, does anyone have a idea of what gas port size I should start with for a 5.86 inch 7.62x39 M92 Krink barrel?

HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Piston looks perfect to me. I'd start at about .060" and go up from there as needed. It's looking good.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Thanks buddy!
    A WG member told me to go to 0.2031 He said he did this on his compact build. (But his is a guide rod build)
    That's a lot bigger than 0.0600?
    I think I better start off small, like you said and work my way up.
    Can't wait to finish this AK PDW and go back to focusing on it's twin in 45acp.

I also went to see my buddy Aaron at VT tactical supply this afternoon. I dug through all his AK grips to see what might work best on this build.
    I went with the MAGPUL MOE AK grip. The color and texture of the MAGPUL MOE grip is a perfect match to the HK SP98/MP5K forearm.

Last edited by gwailo; 03-02-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added Info
    HART SYSTEMS
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

The .45 looks like a fun one as well. Man, I'm drooling over both!!! LOL. I'd like to do a .40 S&W build sometime in the future. I think I can run the PPS43 mags with the .40. You're dead on with the MOE grip. That looks perfect on there. What model 1911 is that in the pic? That's the size I'd like to get for CCW. The ones I always find are outa my current price range. :-)

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

It's a $500 ATI TITAN.
    You just polish the feed ramp, throat the barrel and install a Kimber recoil assembly from Midway for $50 and you have a good shooter.

When I first got it, hollow points wouldn't feed and the recoil system was shit, but a 1/2 hour of my time with a Dremel and it will shoot as good as the high end models.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Awesome. Now one of those I can probably afford!! Thanks!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Awesome. Now one of those I can probably afford!! Thanks!!
    If you get one I'll do a thread on the mods. It's pretty easy, but I'm no professional armor either.
    Just a tinkerer.

P.S. The Surefire M77 hand guard showed up today. It's missing something though?
    Maybe a green laser or a light will make it look more complete?

Last edited by gwailo; 03-03-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added Info
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Cool, thanks!!. It looks good to me as is, but I do like the thought of light and laser. Would be nice in a weapon that size. Room clearing, etc...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Cool, thanks!!. It looks good to me as is, but I do like the thought of light and laser. Would be nice in a weapon that size. Room clearing, etc...
    Room clearing. lol
    That reminds me of this.

I think I'll use the M77 forearm on my 45 acp. AK PDW mockup.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score

Russ finished my barrel yesterday and I'm going to install it and the rear trunnion tomorrow.
    Barrel was threaded 1/2-28
    HART SYSTEMS

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak gas block handguard
ak pdw

c39 micro

c39 micro ak foregrip
c39 micro ak pdw
c39 micro ak rail

c39 micro handguard

c39 pistol micro
micro ak pistol
micro c39 pistol

micro draco

micro draco pistol

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.