Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: AK PDW Build

Feedback Score

I was worried about the barrel measurements I came up with, but it all fit together perfect.
    I just have to do a little welding and it's ready to test fire. Then broke down blasted and painted.

Last edited by gwailo; 03-11-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That is really looking good brother. I can't wait to see it completed.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Welded it up today and went to the range for testing. It works perfect, but the mag I brought with me was junk and I never thought to bring another. Damn it!
    HART SYSTEMS
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

I've been quietly following your build on the forums and it looks awesome. I couldn't tell from the video and I'd think the tapered Galil micro piston would help the issue. The shortest I've gone was 7" which allowed the piston to completely exit the guide tube/rsb opening and it sometimes wanted to lock up as it came foreword as the carrier would tilt up at full rear travel and lock against the rsb. I welded a short hood on the bottom lip of the rsb to serve as an extended guide when the piston exited the tube and now it runs 100%. Always good to see your projects in the AK/HK forums. That HG retainer is the cats ass.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Good deal. Yeah you definitely should have brought a few mags. Glad it cycled though.

What size gas port did you start with??

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Good deal. Yeah you definitely should have brought a few mags. Glad it cycled though.

What size gas port did you start with??
    My local guru suggested 4mm, so we tried that and it worked perfect. Nailed it on the first try.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 6500rpm View Post
    I've been quietly following your build on the forums and it looks awesome. I couldn't tell from the video and I'd think the tapered Galil micro piston would help the issue. The shortest I've gone was 7" which allowed the piston to completely exit the guide tube/rsb opening and it sometimes wanted to lock up as it came foreword as the carrier would tilt up at full rear travel and lock against the rsb. I welded a short hood on the bottom lip of the rsb to serve as an extended guide when the piston exited the tube and now it runs 100%. Always good to see your projects in the AK/HK forums. That HG retainer is the cats ass.
    Thank you.
    I cut a inch off the carrier and used the micro piston. The barrel is 5.868 inches.
    The piston comes out of the gas tube while firing, but I have no problem with it striking anything.
    The Micro piston has quite a taper on it though.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwailo View Post
    My local guru suggested 4mm, so we tried that and it worked perfect. Nailed it on the first try.
    Wow, that's big. Well cool, I'm glad it worked out.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Wow, that's big. Well cool, I'm glad it worked out.
    That's what I thought, but after he showed me some examples to look at it all made sense.
    We figured the bleed off of my gas port being so close to the end of the barrel and 4mm turned out to be perfect.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score

Took the AK PDW out for another round of testing after finishing the welding on it today. The rounds eject about 10 feet when fired.
    It's not broke in yet, but I'll dump a few hundred rounds through it this weekend before media blast and paint.

I also need to relieve the side pressure on the right side safety selector and file the mag catch a little.
    It sticks on a couple of my Yugo BHO mags. (No big deal, it's a 10 minute job.)
    Last edited by gwailo; 03-13-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    HART SYSTEMS

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak pdw
ak47 gun holsters
c39 micro
c39 micro ak handguards

c39 micro handguard

c39 micro pistol handguard replacement
c39 pistol
foregrip for c39

micro draco

micro draco foregrip

micro draco handguard

micro draco pistol
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.