Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 308 AK Marksman Rifle

Feedback Score

Default 308 AK Marksman Rifle

I've wanted to design a 308 AK rifle for a few years now, but could never find a deal on a Saiga 308.
    I was down in my buddies basement last week and seen 3 of them, so I did some bartering for one.
    I have a new "free float" gas/barrel design I want to build. (I'll keep the details to myself for now.)

I'm collecting parts at this time. Just ordered a Galil gas tube yesterday.
    I'm going to piddle with this in my spare time, since motorcycle season is just around the corner.

This is what the forend will look like when it's finished. I need to find a free float AR handguard to modify for this build and have been looking at a 13'' or 15'' version of this one to use. http://vtsupply.com/troy-vtac-alpha-...rail-ar15.html

HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Hell yeah!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My FAL L1A1 comes close enough for me. Last time I saw a .308 Saiga hanging on a shop wall, they were asking $650. That was in 2011 I think.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have one sitting here watign for time an money to trick out . In stock form its the biggest pice of crap I have ever owned . its un shootable form the factory IMO

I have a few ideas for a floating barrel my self I have kept under wraps also . If I ever get to finish the screw in barrel build I hope to test .

Feedback Score

I went the Zastava M77 route for a .308 DMR type rifle. Nice shooter>

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That is nice AKblue. I love to build something in .308 but I just can't justify adding another caliber right now.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    I went the Zastava M77 route for a .308 DMR type rifle. Nice shooter>

I really like the look of the M77. Is that a modified fal mag in the top pic?

I looked at the M77 as a donor rifle, but went with the Saiga 3 lug setup instead.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gwailo View Post
    I really like the look of the M77. Is that a modified fal mag in the top pic?

I looked at the M77 as a donor rifle, but went with the Saiga 3 lug setup instead.
    The 20 rounder is a modified M14 mag. They are cheap at $12-$30 for a 20 or 25 round and easy to mod to fit the M77.

more detail here>
    Yugo M77 Rework

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

What all did you have to do to mod the M14 mags? I don't have one to look at to see what's needed. Does it have any locking lugs of any type to start with?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    What all did you have to do to mod the M14 mags? I don't have one to look at to see what's needed. Does it have any locking lugs of any type to start with?
    I followed this guideline>>

Converting M-14 mags to fit Yugo M90 .308 PICS BACK UP!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.