Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is it worth building an AK47?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

today is a good time to build AR-15 and an expensive time to build AKs
    yeap I can sell some of my $50 kits i bought back then an buy a AR for what I get now . I may do just that to fund a AR 10 build

I saw US barreled AMD kits for around $350 a while back that would mean you could get a build up an running for about $400 if you are a real builder an not just a assembler. Less if you built a pistol

I have less than $30 in all my SPECIAL AK building tools you dont need all that crap if you have some smarts an desire .

as stated above building is a way to get a special or custom AK you cant just buy . Is building toay a bad idea??? I dont know the prices keep going up so what you do today is likely going to be worth more tomorrow.

As far as no serial number Bullshit as stated above your more likley to be under suspicion right now buying a 80% lower or recvier shell than if you just go out an get one from a FFL .

You guys who bought 80% lowers better have your ducks in a row an be following the rules . Id hate to be living in California an be building a illegal gun on one of those 80% lowers that the sales list just got turned over to the ATF . The ATF is not as stupid as many think .

Be legal is the best advice I can give .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It would still be a little cheaper if you have the ability to make your own building tools out of scrap steel.
    I built all of my own building tools including my press, it has been a lot of fun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

worth as in saving money NO I agree all the above post, but worth testing your skill level its good start and worth it

welcome aboard assembling AR-15 pre-assembled parts with a FFL lower is not building its assembling. assembling a AR or buidling a AK (no nodak receiver build) is another animal
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Well said Sprat .

Even on a 100% receiver the AK is still not a cake walk an takes some skill . a 100% reciver will take most of the fabricating out of the picture however.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.