Thread: BUilding a modified Zastava M85

Feedback Score

Default BUilding a modified Zastava M85

I am building a modified Zastava M85 in 5.56. Using a Bulgarian SLR100 series CHF 16 inch barrel vs the Zastava.
    Modified gas tube and piston to push the gas block forward.

Deciding whether to stay with the Zastava FSB/GB in 26mm with a PBS5 I cut down and reprofiled a bit..., or use the Bulgarian in 24mm and the fake booster etc.

Fixed stock or underfolder. Pretty sure I'm going underfolder. Thought about sidefolder but not going that way.

I think I will use black Bulgarian Polymer lower and Zastava polymer upper furniture

Comments?

Feedback Score

I like how a underfolder looks, but a sidefolder shoots much nicer.
    Other than that, I really like what you have done. That 16'' barrel combo is sweet!
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks good. I go with the Bulgy 24 just since it gives more options on muzzle devices, as well as price. Is you plan to SBR it at some point, or leave it 16? If you're gonna leave it alone it's strictly a looks issue. If you're gonna SBR it, I'd go Bulgy.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I doubt I will SBR it. Not real big on the extra $200 and paperwork. If I did SBR they both have boosters available. The extensions/covers are what favor the 24mm vs 26mm as far as different stuff., like the beer can extensions/covers etc.
    Partly why I cut down and lathed the PBS5., I hope to use the front end chunk that I cut off., on another build.

The beer can cover>>>
    Last edited by akblue; 04-16-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Feedback Score

Nice! Can't wait to see it finished and laying on the stone walkway!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nice! 5.56 Ak's are my favs!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

akblue,
    Have you seen this? Yugo PAP pistol MAGPUL carbine length handguard mod. - The AK Files Forums
    With a little better measurements on the cuts I think this would be a cool mod.

I haven't had my hands on any Magpul AR handguards personally, but I think the top could be held in place with the factory gas tube handguard retainers if cut correctly.
    The bottom handguard looks like it should almost lock into place also. Maybe a small mod?
    I bet it would make one bad ass underfolder.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

gwailo,
    yes., I saw that., looks good. But a not sure I like the attachment method and aps at the receiver.
    I may mod some Zastava wood or just use a AK74 Bulgy lower and a Zastava black pattern gas tube cover that came off my M77. As I build it I'll look cat other options including wood etc.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.