Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone Have a Good Pic/Font For Maadi Arabic Selector Markings?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah. I'll have to. OK, I figured out a way (which for my computer illiterate aZZ is a miracle) to translate the alphabet from English to Arabic, and Hindi. Neither one looks like what is on the Maadi/Misr receivers that I've seen and/or gotten pics of. I'm stumped. Heck I even tried a Persian translation. No dice.

So, just saying I want to go with the Arabic that I have. What are the two letters for the two selector marks? If I'm not mistaken, on the store bought Maadis the receiver was marked with all three, Safe (S) Full Auto (A) Semi Auto (R). So would my two position selector marks be the Arabic for (A) and (R)?? Am I remotely making sense?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

OK, well that didn't work, dangit!! The translation list that I have does not have any corresponding Arabic letters for (A) and (R). Oh well.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

It is explained in the link once you are able to access the link I posted above. The Hindi is translated as are the other countries selector markings.
    The USA import marked Maadi's were export marked and not the same. Depends on what you are going for. Like the use of the Romanian sight ladders on the Egyptian USA imports vs the Hindi marked domestic Maadi ladder etc.
    Last edited by akblue; 05-14-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    It is explained in the link once you are able to access the link I posted above. The Hindi is translated as are the other countries selector markings.
    The USA import marked Maadi's were export marked and not the same. Depends on what you are going for. Like the use of the Romanian sight ladders I the Egyptian imports vs the Hindi marked domestic Maadi ladder etc.
    Oh, ok. Sorry. I guess I'm going for a straight from Egypt's military AK factory that was built with Russian tooling/equipment. My sight ladder, trunnion and RSB are all marked in Arabic or Hindi or whatever, so I wanted the selector marks to match. I have been using the stencil/salt water/battery etching method for a year or three now, and the only stencil I don't have is this one for the Egyptian models.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

The proper domestic military markings are in the threads I posted above. The pictures in one and the diagram drawings and translation in some cases in the other.
    The Egyptians used a lot of borrowed parts from euro countries it appears. But of course their in-house manufacturing and fit and finish is pretty rough.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Ok, I fanally was able to go to the link that AKblue provided, and that is definitely some great info. Thanks again for posting that AKblue!

I think I have what I need to either make a stencil to use the saltwater etch method, or I might even try and laser etch it at work, if I can create the correct file in Corell Draw. Thanks guys for all the help. When I get it etched, I'll post some pics.

PS- I also got the info from that James Bevan site for the Iraqi selector marks, so I may go back and add them to my 7.62x54r Tabuk clone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.