Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LOOKING FOR BARREL PIN TO CHAMBER CLEARANCE PICTURE

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That really makes me question one I built and had to go pretty big to get it to headspace correctly. I think I'm gonna go back and check it out. I might need to rebarrel it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Restoreit I hope you don't mind I used it on a different site were a guy was asking about welding up the barrel pin slot .

its great Pic.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Restoreit I hope you don't mind I used it on a different site were a guy was asking about welding up the barrel pin slot .

its great Pic.

Use it all you want , that's why I took the pic to make folks think a bit about large pins.. Pat

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    That really makes me question one I built and had to go pretty big to get it to headspace correctly. I think I'm gonna go back and check it out. I might need to rebarrel it.

If you did a clean installation and the HS has not changed I would not worry unless you went way big.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

was that an AKM or yugo barrel? seems like the yugos are cut deeper.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3531 View Post
    was that an AKM or yugo barrel? seems like the yugos are cut deeper.
    That was a Romanian G kit bbl.

Feedback Score

how big is to big im gonna need to know if I need to use any of the old barrels I have?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

54sks, the easiest way to explain it is like this;
    While looking at the barrel pin hole, you don't want to enlarge the hole any more then a few thousandths toward the chamber (bottom of the hole), you want to remove material from the front, top & rear of the hole as much as possible.
    The easiest way to do this is to use an end mill as your drill bit (assuming you don't have a mill), this way you can cut a new hole with little chance of bit wonder like you could get from a drill bit.

And it would be best to do the hole first then figure out what size pin you need, this way you can cut as little as possible rather then making a hole for the pin.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

coils I do have access to a mill but it is limited and im not sure what size mills are still around( gramp died and stuff has been disappearing) sizing the pin to the hole sounds like a better idea than starting with the pin. I am going to start with the new barrels I have so that isn't that big of an issue yet ...just if I need to use the used barrels later. but with a "standard" barrel pin hole in the trunnion and no hole in the virgin barrel should i mic the hole in the trunnion and get an appropriately sized end mill? and line up with trunnion hole and mill barrel for pin? thanks again coils I really appreciate the help. I have put off my builds for awhile cause of family obligations but I just picked up my HF spot welder and I am set to build in the next couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Since your barrel wasn't drill/cut yet, your better off like you mentioned.
    Head space it and if you have a drill press with a good vise, use or buy a good quality drill bit or get an end mill and use it in the drill press. Take your time, listen to the cut and move the bit/mill in really slow and let it cut before going any deeper.

Yes measure the hole in the trunnion, but it should be about 7mm or about .300". Sorry don't remember it exactly right now.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.