Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: US made AK parts kit $310

Feedback Score

The Inter Ordnance stuff outlet by Centerfire does have a sketchy history. Hard telling if the kits are good to go or partially FUBAR. Some of their early 5.45 and 7.62 barrels had oversized gas ports and banged themselves pretty badly.

I just finished a STG build from an IO kit I purchased from Centerfire about 6 years ago. A bit different configuration and a Romy milspec barrel back then. The muzzle threads were so badly buggared I cut the barrel back .75" and started over. I was pissed and let that kit sit until I built it a week ago.

I bought it from Centerfire (two of them in fact). It is an Inter Ordnance (IO) East German clone STG 2000 kit in 7.62x39. I think I paid $149 each for the kits., which at the time was pricey. But they are unusual looking and the integrated front sight & gas block were rare back then.
    These kits were incomplete/partial/FUBAR from IO and outlet to Centerfire. They were complete with barrel, trunnion, bolt & carrier but lacked various parts like trigger guards, receiver covers, recoil springs.

The barrel is a milspec chromelined hammer forged Romanian. But it had FUBAR threads as they evidently tried to thread it to 1/2x28 and it was so crooked and cross threaded that I cut the barrel down by .750" and turned the barrel to .550 and threaded it 14mmx1 and silver soldered the bird cage muzzle device the STG used.
    Odd ball furniture and stuff makes it kind of a ugly duckling AK but I'm going to build it as the weather permits in the work area.

I finally finished his thing. I used a Century GP1975 receiver that I purchased from a member here. Built up fine though the IO stuff s always a bit off in fitment.

Not a very pretty AK but interesting in an odd sorta way. It is the IO version of the East German STG rifle.
    I may get out tomorrow, if it does not rain., for a test fire and then strip it for KG Gunkote etc.
    Only been floating around in a box for 6 years or so. I was pissed when I first found the buggared threads and just let it sit.
    I'll see how I like it once I fire a few mags and see if I can hit anything with it..:small_gri

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Hell if it safely goes bang, it's worth it in today's economy. I'd love to get a report from someone on the quality of the kit, so if one of you buy and build on one of these let us know, please.
    +1

I felt bad at first because I convinced my buddy to get one of those $180 kits from apex and he just ordered the rest of what he needs to be 922r, but without knowing the quality of these/reading everyone's opinions on this I dont feel as bad.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

That looks pretty nice akblue! I like the look of that long handguard.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's not bad looking akblue, a little strange in some way, but looks ok
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    That's not bad looking akblue, a little strange in some way, but looks ok
    Ditto. It's an oddball ugly duckling, but still kind of cool nonetheless. Good job brother.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

akblue

we havd our differences but I always give credit where it is due. as most know I have all the EG parts & IO parts and im almost finished with my stg 941 east german wieger. congrats on finishing this build, looks good
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

ak build kit

ak parts kit

american made ak 47 parts kits

american made ak parts kit

build centerfire us ak kit
centerfire us ak parts kit
inter ordnance ar 15 kits
io ak parts kit
stg 2000 parts kit
us made ak 47 parts kit

us made ak parts kit

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.