Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AK problem/question

Feedback Score

Personally I have installed dozens of TACO FCG's with no issues or abnormal wear.
    Also used other types like Arsenal and some no name without problems.

The OP hammer follow is abnormal and could be the assembly or retainer or some other cause yet to be determined. But a function test is a good start.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

There's one other possibility given that thousands of rounds have gone through the receiver.

On occasion, the receiver will open up at the axis pins and allow a shift so that the trigger components no longer fit properly. This is particularly noticeable if the axis pins are anchored with a method other than tension.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post

Another thing is to check the legs on the hammer spring where that contact the back of the trigger, if one or both of these legs get bent in they hit the side of the diconnector and this holds it back so it doesn't work the way it should. Check this first since you can do it by just removing the top cover.
    And Coils is the winner.
    Looks like the hammer spring is bad. The one leg will slide out of place and rests on the side of the disconnector. If I cycle it a few times it will move back slightly, and a couple more times and it slides over against the disconnector again.

Don't know why I hadn't noticed it sooner, guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to the spring and where it was.

Thanks guys
    ...now to get a new spring.
    A site for gun enthusiasts and the shooting sports.
    www.proshooter.org
    Further bringing our pro-gun community together.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

You might be able to fix this (but your seeing it so you'll know better), the end of the leg can be bent outward with pliers. Just grab it near the 90 degree bend by the trigger (on the long section) and twist the pliers a little, it doesn't take much. Don't go too far, you don't want the spring riding tight against the receiver either.
    But get a spare spring if you don't already have any.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

biggun, I only know of the disconnector issue with their FCG, but other products had poor QC issues too, like their Garand clips had a poor finish and didn't feed properly, so anything is possible with their products.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.