Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AK problem/question

Feedback Score

Question AK problem/question

I have a Yugo M70AB2 underfolder that was built on a NODAKSPUD NDS-4 receiver, and using a Tapco G2 single hook trigger kit. The problem was not occurring at first, in fact I had zero problems for the first couple years and thousands of rounds. Now I am having a "hammer follow" issue. The hammer is not re-setting. I see that Tapco is saying that their G2 single hook triggers are not compatible with NDS-3 and NDS-65 receivers, and NDS has the same thing posted.
    NDS has a fix on their page, troubleshooting page
    Is this the only fix, filing a bevel on the hammer? Should I order and try a double hook to correct the problem. Any insight would be appreciated.
    A site for gun enthusiasts and the shooting sports.
    www.proshooter.org
    Further bringing our pro-gun community together.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

First thing you should do is contact NoDak and ask if they ever had this problem with that receiver, this is the first I heard of it happening with anything other then the two you mentioned.

Also check your disconnector, maybe it's an issue with the dis spring. Or maybe it's one of those defective disconnectors? The ones that had the spring hole made too deep, but I think that would of showed up a long time ago.
    Another thing is to check the legs on the hammer spring where that contact the back of the trigger, if one or both of these legs get bent in they hit the side of the diconnector and this holds it back so it doesn't work the way it should. Check this first since you can do it by just removing the top cover.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I had the same problem with tapco triggers in my M70 built on a NODAK receiver. The hammer is not being pushed down far enough when the bolt carrier cycles. The disconnector cannot engage, and the hammer rides the BCG forward. I removed a little material from the portion of the hammer that faces forward/up that engages with the disconnector, effectively lowering hammer far enough to engage the disconnector.

Feedback Score

I used a jewelers file, took off a little, and cycled the rifle on an empty chamber with the trigger held back until it functioned properly. Havent had a problem since.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Like Coils said ..check your springs first, Try stretching out the disconnector spring, if that fixes it, replace it with a new one. Even a weak hammer spring or a hammer spring with one leg off of the trigger could cause this also. It will try to half-ass bump fire and you will get hammer follow.

I doubt it's anything with your receiver since its worked for thousands of rounds. If the springs are good, check for wear on the disconnector and hammer contact area.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I had a same issue, different problem, I installed a crap hammer that after time wore down from the carrier resetting it. I did not notice it until I went to swap it out with a new FCG and said, "Hey that looks worn down" It was by almost 0.015" and I am thinking that was to the point of not hitting the travel for proper reset.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I doubt it's anything with your receiver since its worked for thousands of rounds. If the springs are good, check for wear on the disconnector and hammer contact area.
    Ditto the recvier did not likely change so what did?? id look for wear on the disconnector hammer or soem other issue like the disconnector spring

Feedback Score

Perform the function test as outlined on the Nodak Spud site. If your hammer follows then remove material from the disconnector hammer shelf area on the hammer and re-test for proper function.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I had a same issue, different problem, I installed a crap hammer that after time wore down from the carrier resetting it.
    Thanks for mentioning this, another good thing to know and check.
    With the QC of some of TAPCO's products in the past this should be another area to watch for wear on any US made FCG.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

With the QC of some of TAPCO's products in the past this should be another area to watch for wear on any US made FCG.
    Other than the issue with the disconnector spring pocket being to deep thattapco did a recall on what known issues have there triggers had ?/

I have head very little about premature wear ?? Is there some issues I have not heard of ? I had some issues with a century FCG years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.