Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VAL drawings?

Feedback Score

Default VAL drawings?

I always need a project and I have long wanted a VAL . Of course they are never going to be imported , and the 9x39 ammo is all but impossible to get. So I would like a look/ shoot alike. Probably something to built to fire only subsonic 300 blackout. Does anyone have drawings of a VAL?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I feel dumb, but what's a VAL? Got any pics/links?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I feel dumb, but what's a VAL? Got any pics/links?
    Modern Firearms - AS Val
    Tommo likes this.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That's kind of interesting. Like an AR, AK, SVD, and an MP5 all got together and had a kid. LOL. Thanks for the link gun nut.

.300 BO makes sense for a clone. What kind of receiver would you use? Modified AR lower?? Make your own sheet metal? This one would be interesting to get folks into discussing possible build methods.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

To my general way of thinking the Key will be using a .5.56 bolt and Front trunion from there it starts to get interesting . The whole thing would have to go through the NFA process. Building a integrated Suppressor and figuring out the gas system. Since the original receiver is forged and milled I suspect I will have to go the mill from Billet or possibly cheat and and Mill individual plates to be assembled and welded into a receiver. Since in theory I would be running 300 blackout using AK 5.56 mags seems logical.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
    To my general way of thinking the Key will be using a .5.56 bolt and Front trunion from there it starts to get interesting . The whole thing would have to go through the NFA process. Building a integrated Suppressor and figuring out the gas system. Since the original receiver is forged and milled I suspect I will have to go the mill from Billet or possibly cheat and and Mill individual plates to be assembled and welded into a receiver. Since in theory I would be running 300 blackout using AK 5.56 mags seems logical.
    I was thinking bend & weld sheet metal as well, not just aluminum plate. Kind of like a Jack Sprat kit for an AR build. Billet would be nice if you have the equipment though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Molemans 357 ar round would work well for this IMO.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There's always the 358 Gremlin 358 Gremlin, the 9x39 USA It's probably as close as you're going to get to a true 9x39 and be able to easily reload for it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HCpookie has the reamer to do the 9x23 I think. I know he worked on his for a long time . Helikley knows all the ins an outs of getting that round.

looking at the multi lug bolt on it iu was thinking a AR bolt an extension could be a good starting point

Im sure AK parts could be made to give the look of this guns

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I was thinking bend & weld sheet metal as well, not just aluminum plate. Kind of like a Jack Sprat kit for an AR build. Billet would be nice if you have the equipment though.
    thats jack squat Im Jacksprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.