Gunco Forums banner

Chinese AKM gonna happen soon!

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Russian 54r 
#1 ·
A few years back I bought a Chinese populated barrel and have added a part here and there over time. I already had a bolt and carrier, from where I don't know, and bought a front trunion from Turbothis a couple of years ago. Rear trunion is standard AKM and will have to be milled off on the sides to fit the more narrow receiver. And speaking of receivers, I gotta find one. AK-Builder has flats but doesn't have mag well dimples and I have no way to bend the more narrow receiver. Any way here is a pic of my hodge-podge parts kit.

See less See more
#6 ·
Chinese parts to make another rifle won't be easy. When found they cost more and are more scarce. I already have a Chinese MAK90 and NHM-91 and now a 56S when built. Have several other kits to mess with. Two AK's I don't own are Hungarian and Russian. I'd like to find each of those. I even have an Iraqi Tabuk clone. I guess one day soon King Obama's goon's will be by to pick them up.

#8 ·
Haven't picked up the receiver from my FFL yet. Probably pick it up tomorrow and then work on it this weekend. Trying to make bullets for my Swiss Vetterli M78 at the moment but my 348 Win brass is not co-operating. Probably going to have to buy some Lebel brass to make 41 Swiss cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.