Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 9mm bullpup project pic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Very very Nice!
    I like how you mounted the mag well to the trunnion.
    Very good idea.
    You should still have enough room between the mag well and receiver to run your trigger connecting wire/rod.
    Wish I had your camera

Feedback Score

Good Job. Looks very nice. Glad to see someone else building a 9mm 74 based rifle besides myself. Altho, yours looks much nicer. I did mine as an excerise in CAN DO using nothing but a hacksaw, DP, MIG and basic hand tools/patience. Would love to see an all together pic!! I had to make my trunnion from 1/8" thick plate w/holes drilled in then I MIGd the BBL to the trunnion plates.....

I gotta say tho be careful using the DP as a mill. I got REAMED over at www.homegunsmith.com for even SUGGESTING to use a DP as a mill. In my case I used a piddly 3/32" 4 flute stub mill and it didnt put any stress on the DP that I could see, but to be safe I tack welded the chuck to the quill to make sure it doesnt jump off its taper. I also use a piece of 1/8" sheet steel between me and the DP when Im cutting, I have a small hole for my hand to turn the dial on the feed.... GOOD JOB on your shooter, I wanna see moooorrrreeee pics!!!!

Vis
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

First of all, thanks for all the compliments. It means alot to me comming from a group of experienced builders like you guys!! I did some more work on my pup, but first I'd like tell you what I'm trying to accomplish. It will be a blowback weapon in 9mm using Sten magazines. All the controls will be in the front hand guard. There won't be an AK safty selector, there will be a thumb safty over the pistol grip. The charging handle will be on the left side, up front. There will be no lower rails except for the ejector, they are not needed. Of course all of the above is subject to change.
    Last week I bent my reciever, I used 16 gage sheet metal because thats what I had. Handgaurd is also 16 gage steel.
    I fabricated my rear trunion/buttstock out of 1/2" cold rolled steel and some 1/8" plate. I still have to come up with a recoil pad. As you can see in the pictures I'm using screws for the time being. After I work everything out I will rivet

This picture shows what the rail is for
    AK-47 user and abuser since 1980.
    http://strzelecka.net

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Dang !!! You did REAL GOOD !!! I can see you put some thought into it as well. I like how you have the rail attached to the gas tube. I could not do that being I wanted to use the gas tube retainer in place. Well..... come to think about it, I could of moved it forward and the rewelded it. Darn.

Vis
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The gas tube rail idea comes from an earlier project. Since this is gonna be a blow back, the gas tube and gas block just sit there. I'll cut the slot in the gas tube for the charging handle later.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SHA - WEET!!!

Feedback Score

are you planning on doing a few conversion kits? or blueprints?

Feedback Score

Im not sure how HE did it, but to do the trigger linkage the easiest way I have figured out is to use 1/8" steel rod as a pull-rod. You use a single hook trigger for the slave trigger at the rear. Remove the trigger bow so it stays flush to the receiver. You would drill a hole in the "hook" on the trigger to allow the pull rod to clip to. Model airplanes use cool little 90* clips for control rods that would work perfect to hold the 1/8" rod to the slave trigger. Now at the front, you put your master trigger, also w/a 1/8" hole (or you could put 3 in each trigger for adjustable pull feel/distance etc)and you run a pull-rod along the left wall of the receiver from trigger to trigger. there is plenty of room to make it work. You could also use a model airplane control rod (nyrod, flexible plastic rod in a sleeve for aileron/elevator hookups, you can put em in a pretzel shape and they still work!) if you didnt wanna use 1/8" rod....Thats how I would do it anyway You wanna always use a PULL rod since steel bends when you try to "compress" a push rod, but it doesnt like to stretch much

Feedback Score

My god! Those are beautiful. I cant wait to see them all finished.

Vis
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

hcpookie and , Thank you guys
    vegeta, no I'm just doing this for the thrill of it, "blazing the trail"....This is basically a whole new gun including the reciever. I'm a "shade tree" gunsmith and I have no clue about blueprints. All I can provide is pictures.
    jpglee1, I was thinking about triger linkage long and hard and I think I came up with the solution. It involves 1/8 square rod with few bends. Square rod is more rigid and easier to guide within the reciever. It should be complete by the weekend, I'll post more pictures.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.