Latest builds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest builds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking Latest builds

Just got 9 & 10 finished. Both are running G2 single hook FCG's and all my 7.62 mags have FEG US floorplates and followers to go with the US receivers. Please take my humble offering of perfectly good OEM parts , oh 922r Gods. They both have Rustoleum 7220 on them.

The one in the foreground is on a Tapco flat, I'm having problems with the feeding with it. The round impacts just under the chamber. I'm thinking that I need to smack it a few times from below to get the bolt carrier to travel a little higher. I've already smacked the lower rail a few times getting it to work and I don't think this'll help. I'll give it a some more tweaks before I give up, demil and put it on a Ewbanks. (if I get it to work I'm sending $25 to Michael for being square and winning the bet). The wood turned out good though, I stripped it and my 11 year old daughter finished it in Minwax "Golden Pecan" and low gloss tung oil. I really like how the laminate turns out with that stain.

The second is on a Ewbank's Gen. 2 with a US grip for a better match with the darker stain which is Minwax Dark Walnut with just Birchwood Casey stock conditioner on it. It turned out very close to OEM color. I love building on the Ewbank's receivers. I got the pre-drilled and it fit great, I had 2 front trunnion holes I had to very slightly egg, I had to take a tiny bit from the back of the mag well and trim a hair from the ejector and that was it! It took like two minutes to do each fix and I was rivetting away. This one shot beautiful. I had a light primer strike on the second round fired but once it lossened up a hair and the tetra grease got warm she just hammered them out. Now if I can get the other one to work as well as this one I'll be way happy.
    There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness

Feedback Score

Nice...man, more Romy's coming out than I can count.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you, I've got a couple more brewing, too!

Feedback Score

More Romy's?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, I like them and they're cheap. The Polish Tantal's and underfolders don't do it for me and the Bulgies have all but dried up and went to overpriced land where the Krinkov's live. Once I'm done with this last batch and get my Yugo and G3 done then I'm starting to think about getting an AR.

Feedback Score

So you picked up a G3 kit to keep that Cetme company? Awesome...I still look back on firing that thing with a grin on my face.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Looks good Gator!

If I understand you correctly, the end of the bullet is hitting the end of the barrel instead of going in the chamber.

The case is not attached in any way to the bolt until a round is chambered and the extractor snapped over; the height of the bolt and carrier generally won't fix this. What you may look at -- is the trunnion sitting correctly in the receiver? One way to check it is to strip the rifle and look through the barrel from the rear, sight over the rear tang and compare it to your other rifles.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

Sweet looking builds... THE only question I have is WHY do my Romy kits have a black band across the bottom of the buttstock???

Cheers
    gunnutjay

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Nice builds!!

I'd like to know the answer to the black bands and "G"..kinda looks like a training rifle maybe..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I just got done futzing with the Tapco flat one and don't think there's a fix to it. I knew it wasn't in spec when I put it together but hoped that Kalashnikov's loose tolerances would be forgiving. So, that marks the end of me ever doing anything with a flat again and adding one more to the small pile of scrap metal known as 80% receivers. I do not have the patience for these flexible chunks of tin. My hat is off to all you guys that get these to work right, I'll stick to the 100% ones from now on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.