Thread: question about the different CFS Romie kits

The Gun Nut of Gun Nuts noonanda's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default question about the different CFS Romie kits

are there any real differences between the 99 dollar and 89 dollar kits other than the condition and the missing cleaning rod and muzzle break?? are they the same model?

I am tossing the idea around of building one on a OO reciever, and other than the condition and missing parts are they the same??

Also has anyone built one of these on a ohio ordanance reciever? if so how did they come out.

Last question, is it possible to remove/cut off the front handgrip and still use the lower handguard? I built a AMD-63 after the ban ended and didnt like the front handguard, ended up replacing it with romie wood from kvar. Am hoping to avoid this if I order a romie kit.
    Last edited by noonanda; 08-17-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Feedback Score

I think the romy kits that are $89 are built in 63. The others are built from the late seventies to the late eighties. yes you can cut the grip off or replace them.

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

You can cut the pistol grip off of the romy front guard but it will be narrow compared to a regular non pistol grip front hand guard.
    Buy your US made AK-47 compliance parts here.
    Best price on US made AK parts! also $5 flat rate shipping .
    http://www.rcmgunparts.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I ordered two of them when they were $79.99, shipped and got one 1963 and one new one. The only difference is condition and the type of muzzle break, or lack thereof. The older one was in fine mechanical condition though it had been shot a lot. Very little finish left. I'm going to build the beater into a battlefield pickup and the new one into a pistol.

Should have bought some more at that price.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I would definatly spend the extra 10 bucks!!! your kit will come to you like NEW condition. yes I too believe you will get an older one for the few dollars less. the one I just gat was a 1979 but the part number ont he slip was for "akm 1975" so that seems to conferm that they have ones from the 70's and "others" older ones. theis 99 dollar kits just could not be better ..
    as for cutting off the grip YES you can do it and you CAN do a nice job !! someone here posted some pics that he did and they looked great. I know some guys do not like it because the sides do not have dents in them . but again the pics posted here a few days ago had a lower cut and it lookes great , realy great.. if you can find it I bet he could help you with some tips..
    I am not a guy that pays extra for hand select any more but I bet you will allways wonder or reget it if you do not get the better one. 10 bucks it is not worth it to be regetting it for YEARS to come..

Feedback Score

"The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten".
    Spend the ten bucks and get a new one.
    An empty handgun is a paperweight - Texxut

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I think he said it better ! with a lot less words! thanks TEX

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

a friend and mine kits just arrived from a guy selling them on gunbroker $99, all numbers matching and im pretty positive they are unfired....alot nicer than i was expecting

The Gun Nut of Gun Nuts noonanda's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I took the advice and ordered 2 of the 99 dollar 1975 kits friday, they should ship today as well as a shooter grade Yugo SKS

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.