Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 builds finished, almost!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default 3 builds finished, almost!

Just finished my 2 Polish builds, a Tantal and underfolder. these were premium kits from Akron Armory. they went together easy although the bbl pins were a real bear to get out, had to drill one of them. They worked right from the first round. test fired all of them sunday. They are parkerized black with shooters solution park chemicals and pre black with caswell plating black oxide solution.
    The G3 still needs to be parked, I am getting a bigger tank to do it in. this was my first G3 and it was a real easy build. About 2.5 hours total, it shoots great, ran about 300 rounds through it so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Rock on man. I had thought about a G3 but I can't weld and my buddy who can...*shutters* I wouldn't want to see the job he would do, lol. Anyway, looking good!
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Very nice. I was chicken about building a G3 since I don't weld. I bought a Century built G3. It is one of the ones that work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Very nice job!
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I am anxious to parkerize the G3, it shoots great, but looks real raty at the moment.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

pirate -- I spent the evening running bolts into and all thread through the mg setting it up for welding.

I'm following your thread. My thanks to you.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    pirate -- I spent the evening running bolts into and all thread through the mg setting it up for welding.

I'm following your thread. My thanks to you.
    Hope to test it again today or tomorrow with the FAL fcg and 2 peice firing pin. This has been a long drawn out project. welding the receiver is the easy part. good luck with the welding, post some pics when you are done!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

pirate-- not to hijack your thread, but how did you determine the amount of space to leave between the burns when setting it up in the fixture?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Winn, did you read the tutorial I posted on the 42 site?
    Basically, the kerf in the cuts is about 1/4", for the back cut install the top cover to get the length, then square it up and tack in place. for the center cut set the parts up on a fixture similar to the one I made, and with the trunnion in place align the front and rear halves, sighting down the receiver to make sure it is straight, and bothe parts are touching the trunnion where the little bulge is.
    for the front cut, install bbl and eyeball the part, tack, check alignment and finish weld. The overall length should be close to the lenght posted in my tutorial.

Feedback Score

looking great man!!!
    only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemed to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.